locked Error msg


Lawrence Godek
 

---------------------------
AutoIt Error
---------------------------
Line 39738  (File "C:\Program Files (x86)\HamApps\JTAlert 2.16.17\JTAlert.exe"):


Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.
---------------------------
OK 
---------------------------

I started getting this error msg a week or so ago.  Just out of the clear blue sky.  Have not made any changes in software to the computer which is a Win 7 Pro, been working just fine.  Log4OM 2.11.0.0, WSJT 2.2.2 and of course JTAlert 2.16.17.  I'll be working stations and all of a sudden it pops up and the current and subsequent stations don't get logged.  Course i have to close the APP and then restart it but then shortly thereafter  i get the same error again.  WHOTS UP?  Reboots don't clear the problem it just keeps reoccurring.

Larry W0OGH


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 30/03/2021 10:37 am, Lawrence Godek wrote:
---------------------------
AutoIt Error
---------------------------
Line 39738  (File "C:\Program Files (x86)\HamApps\JTAlert 2.16.17\JTAlert.exe"):


Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.
---------------------------
OK  �
---------------------------

I started getting this error msg a week or so ago.  Just out of the clear blue sky.  Have not made any changes in software to the computer which is a Win 7 Pro, been working just fine.  Log4OM 2.11.0.0, WSJT 2.2.2 and of course JTAlert 2.16.17.  I'll be working stations and all of a sudden it pops up and the current and subsequent stations don't get logged.  Course i have to close the APP and then restart it but then shortly thereafter  i get the same error again.  WHOTS UP?  Reboots don't clear the problem it just keeps reoccurring.

Larry W0OGH

Is it the same error line number each time or does it vary?

How frequent are these crashes? Are they every time JTAlert is run or less often?

2.16.17 has been very stable without serious defects and is part of the reason there has not been a public update for 4 months.


While, you claim no software changes, that is very unlikely unless you're running Windows without Virus protection or non-updated protection software. Protection software is frequently updated, typically on a daily basis. Perhaps it has decided to take a dislike to JTAlert and is interfering.

You could try downgrading JTAlert to an earlier version (.16, .15 & .14 are still available at https://hamapps.com/JTAlert/)

de Laurie VK3AMA


Lawrence Godek
 

THis happened this morning when i opened up JTAlert to work T6AA.  Same line number , 39738, all the rest of the msg is the same.  Didn't operate yesterday so no occasions.

Larry W0OGH


On 3/31/2021 12:42 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
On 30/03/2021 10:37 am, Lawrence Godek wrote:
---------------------------
AutoIt Error
---------------------------
Line 39738  (File "C:\Program Files (x86)\HamApps\JTAlert 2.16.17\JTAlert.exe"):


Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.
---------------------------
OK  �
---------------------------

I started getting this error msg a week or so ago.  Just out of the clear blue sky.  Have not made any changes in software to the computer which is a Win 7 Pro, been working just fine.  Log4OM 2.11.0.0, WSJT 2.2.2 and of course JTAlert 2.16.17.  I'll be working stations and all of a sudden it pops up and the current and subsequent stations don't get logged.  Course i have to close the APP and then restart it but then shortly thereafter  i get the same error again.  WHOTS UP?  Reboots don't clear the problem it just keeps reoccurring.

Larry W0OGH

Is it the same error line number each time or does it vary?

How frequent are these crashes? Are they every time JTAlert is run or less often?

2.16.17 has been very stable without serious defects and is part of the reason there has not been a public update for 4 months.


While, you claim no software changes, that is very unlikely unless you're running Windows without Virus protection or non-updated protection software. Protection software is frequently updated, typically on a daily basis. Perhaps it has decided to take a dislike to JTAlert and is interfering.

You could try downgrading JTAlert to an earlier version (.16, .15 & .14 are still available at https://hamapps.com/JTAlert/)

de Laurie VK3AMA


Lawrence Godek
 

For corrective action, i hope, i downloaded 2.16.17 and reinstalled it.  So far i have not seen that error msg return.  I don't know what happened to see that error msg but hopefully now it is fixed.

Thanks for your reply.

Larry

W0OGH


On 3/31/2021 12:42 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
On 30/03/2021 10:37 am, Lawrence Godek wrote:
---------------------------
AutoIt Error
---------------------------
Line 39738  (File "C:\Program Files (x86)\HamApps\JTAlert 2.16.17\JTAlert.exe"):


Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.
---------------------------
OK  �
---------------------------

I started getting this error msg a week or so ago.  Just out of the clear blue sky.  Have not made any changes in software to the computer which is a Win 7 Pro, been working just fine.  Log4OM 2.11.0.0, WSJT 2.2.2 and of course JTAlert 2.16.17.  I'll be working stations and all of a sudden it pops up and the current and subsequent stations don't get logged.  Course i have to close the APP and then restart it but then shortly thereafter  i get the same error again.  WHOTS UP?  Reboots don't clear the problem it just keeps reoccurring.

Larry W0OGH

Is it the same error line number each time or does it vary?

How frequent are these crashes? Are they every time JTAlert is run or less often?

2.16.17 has been very stable without serious defects and is part of the reason there has not been a public update for 4 months.


While, you claim no software changes, that is very unlikely unless you're running Windows without Virus protection or non-updated protection software. Protection software is frequently updated, typically on a daily basis. Perhaps it has decided to take a dislike to JTAlert and is interfering.

You could try downgrading JTAlert to an earlier version (.16, .15 & .14 are still available at https://hamapps.com/JTAlert/)

de Laurie VK3AMA


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 8/04/2021 6:50 am, Lawrence Godek wrote:

For corrective action, i hope, i downloaded 2.16.17 and reinstalled it.  So far i have not seen that error msg return.  I don't know what happened to see that error msg but hopefully now it is fixed.

Thanks for your reply.

Larry

W0OGH


Larry,

I can say with confidence this error is not fixed. This error is random, affecting a small number of users and not predictable. Some who have experienced it, have gone long periods (months) without an occurrence  for it to suddenly appear and repeatedly, then to disappear again. Unfortunately I don't know the cause and nothing I tried has been able to reproduce the error in testing. If I could reproduce it at will, then I would be 99% closer to coding a fix. The ultimate fix will be when all the old Auto-IT based code is gone and JTAlert is 100% C# .NET based code.

de Laurie VK3AMA


Lawrence Godek
 

Thanks for the info.  Be watching for the new stuff.  Already have the 5.0 in the machine.  Is there any significance to the version 5.1?  When i tried to download 5.0 initially it told me that it had been superseded with 5.1 but i got 5.0 anyway.

Thanks for a great job and program.  Sure makes working digital a lot easier than the older stuff.

Larry W0OGH


On 4/8/2021 1:53 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
On 8/04/2021 6:50 am, Lawrence Godek wrote:

For corrective action, i hope, i downloaded 2.16.17 and reinstalled it.  So far i have not seen that error msg return.  I don't know what happened to see that error msg but hopefully now it is fixed.

Thanks for your reply.

Larry

W0OGH


Larry,

I can say with confidence this error is not fixed. This error is random, affecting a small number of users and not predictable. Some who have experienced it, have gone long periods (months) without an occurrence  for it to suddenly appear and repeatedly, then to disappear again. Unfortunately I don't know the cause and nothing I tried has been able to reproduce the error in testing. If I could reproduce it at will, then I would be 99% closer to coding a fix. The ultimate fix will be when all the old Auto-IT based code is gone and JTAlert is 100% C# .NET based code.

de Laurie VK3AMA


Frank IZ7AUH
 

Laurie, I am sure that the problem depends on who uses WSJT-Z with the original version of WSJT-X it does not show up


Frank IZ7AUH
 

Laurie,
I confirm, I make now some test, problem is WSJT-Z non compatible for some uders, with WSJT-X 2.4.0 no problem.... it's important investigate about this.