locked Error Message

Gilles beaulieu

Hi, new user here... I'm using ACLog and WSJT-X for FT8. I also have JTAlert for WSJT-X installed. It was working fine up until a few days ago. Now for some unknown reason JTAlert is giving me an error message.

The message that I'm getting is as follows:

ERROR Message: ACLog File: unable to confirm QSO Logged

Anybody has an idea of how to correct this problem?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you

Gilles - VE3NPI

Jim N6VH

On 3/20/2021 9:23 AM, Gilles beaulieu wrote:
Hi, new user here... I'm using ACLog and WSJT-X for FT8. I also have JTAlert for WSJT-X installed. It was working fine up until a few days ago. Now for some unknown reason JTAlert is giving me an error message.

The message that I'm getting is as follows:

ERROR Message: ACLog File: unable to confirm QSO Logged

Anybody has an idea of how to correct this problem?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you

Gilles - VE3NPI
Gilles,

Does the QSO get logged to ACLog, even though the error message says otherwise? If so, go to Settings - Logging, and increase the time under"Check QSO Log Record". If the QSOs aren't getting logged at all, check to see if any settings got changed under Settings - Logging - ACLog. There shouldn't be any changes, but it's always a good idea to check. If neither of those is the problem, is there any chance your AV program is somehow interfering with logging.

73,

Jim N6VH

Ray, ZL1OW

https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/topic/jtalert_new_error_message/71154503?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,71154503

Gilles beaulieu

Hi Jim, no it is not logged on ACL. The only place where it is logged is on WSJT-X only.

Gilles VE3NPI

On Mar 20, 2021, 21:01 -0400, Ray, ZL1OW <rayncarol@...>, wrote:
https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/topic/jtalert_new_error_message/71154503?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,71154503

Gilles beaulieu

Hi Jim, sorry to bother you again. I even deleted everything except ACLog and re-installed it with the same outcome. I still get the same messages. Obviously I'm missing something along the way, but what? Any ideas?

Thanks

Gilles VE3NPI

--

Gilles - VE3NPI

Prescott-Russell Amateur Radio Club

www.prarc.ca

Michael Black

On Saturday, March 20, 2021, 10:55:45 PM CDT, Gilles beaulieu <ve3npi@...> wrote:

[...]

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 21/03/2021 3:23 am, Gilles beaulieu wrote:
Hi, new user here... I'm using ACLog and WSJT-X for FT8. I also have JTAlert for WSJT-X installed. It was working fine up until a few days ago. Now for some unknown reason JTAlert is giving me an error message.

The message that I'm getting is as follows:

ERROR Message: ACLog File: unable to confirm QSO Logged

Anybody has an idea of how to correct this problem?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you

Gilles - VE3NPI

Do you have the ACLog API enabled? If not there will be no logging.
See the JTAlert Help File, "Settings -> Logging -> ACLog" topic. ACLog must be running and have its TCP API enabled.

If you still have no luck, I may see something in your JTAlert session files. Use the "Help" -> "Contact Support" menu, on the main JTAlert window, to send me your JTAlert files for analysis.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Gilles beaulieu

Thanks for the info. Tried everything without success. Then at one point I shut down the computer and rebooted it... problems were gone, still don't have a clue as to what happened...

73

Gilles VE3NPI

On 3/21/2021 12:23 AM, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
[...]

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 22/03/2021 6:12 am, Gilles beaulieu wrote:

Thanks for the info. Tried everything without success. Then at one point I shut down the computer and rebooted it... problems were gone, still don't have a clue as to what happened...

73

Gilles VE3NPI

Your PC restart wont be the fix. There was more to it than that.

From your JTAlert support request, the problems noted...

  • The WSJT-X UDP Server port is set to 1100, that is an unusual number, it is typically is used by the ACLog TCP API (used for logging). I suggest resetting it back to the default 2237.

  • You have the ACLog settings in JTAlert set to log to to ACLog on port 2237, that is unusual, it is typically is used by WSJT-X. I suggest resetting it back to 1100, and also making sure the ACLog API port (set in ACLog) is correctly set to 1100.
de Laurie VK3AMA