locked Error JtAlert 2.50.1 Windows 64 bit

5H1FF Frans

I am running Windows JtAlert 2.50.1 64bit and after 2 days working fine it suddenly came into an error state today and exited.
Now if I start up get "Error starting JTAlertV2.Manager.exe" and after pressing OK get "Autolt Error", "Line 41593 (File 'c:\WSJTX\JTAlert.exe')" - "Error: Variable used without being declared."
5H1FF Frans, Tanzania

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 31/05/2021 11:43 pm, 5H1FF Frans wrote:
I am running Windows JtAlert 2.50.1 64bit and after 2 days working fine it suddenly came into an error state today and exited.
Now if I start up get "Error starting JTAlertV2.Manager.exe" and after pressing OK get "Autolt Error", "Line 41593 (File 'c:\WSJTX\JTAlert.exe')" - "Error: Variable used without being declared."
5H1FF Frans, Tanzania
Frans,

Please post an image of the actual error window, it contains additional information that will help identify the cause of the error.

You can ignore the AutoIT error, that is due to the Manager error and JTAlert closing down before it had finished its startup initialization.

Since JTAlert was working correctly previously, your installation may now be compromised with missing files. A reinstall of JTAlert should fix that. However, if there are missing files, that could indicate that your PC Protection software has decided to suddenly dislike JTAlert and has either removed files or is preventing JTAlert from starting its Manager program.

de Laurie VK3AMA

[...]

Laurie,

You are right with the PC Protection software.
I am using Avast virus software on my Windows 10 PC and indeed after the last virus update the program "JTAlertV2.Manager.exe" was automatically moved to the Chest box of the virus scanner.
I have reported this file as a false positive and excluded it from scanning.
All working fine again.
Many thanks for the support.

Frans 5H1FF