locked Error installing JTAlert

PH7R - Ronald

Hi,

I am trying to install JTAlert but receive below error. Tried to figure out solution but without any luck. So looking for some guidance.

73, PH7R

Joe Subich, W4TV

See Help -> WSJTX UDP Setup

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-07-01 11:35 AM, PH7R - Ronald wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to install JTAlert but receive below error. Tried to figure out solution but without any luck. So looking for some guidance.
73, PH7R

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 2/07/2021 1:35 am, PH7R - Ronald wrote:

73, PH7R

Try using Multicast UDP with WSJT-X. See the "Help -> WSJT-X UDP Setup" menu.

Also, recent versions of WSJT-X no longer send UDP heartbeat messages when Monitor is turned off. If JTAlert is started and WSJT-X does not have Monitor enabled, JTAlert will never see any UDP traffic from WSJT-X and will eventually display that error window. This is new behavior for WSJT-X (I don't know why that was changed) so it is important to have Monitor turned on to avoid this message.

de Laurie VK3AMA

g4wjs

On 01/07/2021 21:15, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:

73, PH7R

Also, recent versions of WSJT-X no longer send UDP heartbeat messages when Monitor is turned off. If JTAlert is started and WSJT-X does not have Monitor enabled, JTAlert will never see any UDP traffic from WSJT-X and will eventually display that error window. This is new behavior for WSJT-X (I don't know why that was changed) so it is important to have Monitor turned on to avoid this message.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Hi Laurie,

that was not an intentional change, thanks for the report, I will investigate.

--
Bill
G4WJS.

g4wjs

On 01/07/2021 21:21, g4wjs wrote:
On 01/07/2021 21:15, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:

73, PH7R

de Laurie VK3AMA

Hi Laurie,

that was not an intentional change, thanks for the report, I will investigate.

--
Bill
G4WJS.

Hi Laurie,

this turns out to be a long standing defect. It is due to code in WSJT-X that avoids sending duplicate UDP datagrams, which has been in place for many versions. Disabling "Monitor" causes most messages not to be sent and that can, and usually does, mean heartbeat messages are the only ones queued for sending, and as they are all identical only the first one gets sent.

I will make a change that ensures heartbeat messages are not trapped by the duplicate datagram detection code.

--
Bill
G4WJS.

PH7R - Ronald

Thks all for the info and help. But somwhow I do not get it fixed. Some it is much appreciated to have some more guidance.

73, PH7R Ronald

Michael Black

Try 224 instead of 244

Mike W9MDB

On Friday, July 2, 2021, 11:28:22 AM CDT, PH7R - Ronald <rpmeier.ned@...> wrote:

Thks all for the info and help. But somwhow I do not get it fixed. Some it is much appreciated to have some more guidance.

73, PH7R Ronald

PH7R - Ronald

Thks all,

I totally misunderstand the manual but when I download JT Alert (https://hamapps.com/JTAlert/) and run the install.exe file I get below, I do not see any menu's. SO what am I doing wrong.

73 PH7R Ronald

André C

Check on your taskbar you might have 2 JTalert icon

De : Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> De la part de PH7R - Ronald
Envoyé : 3 juillet 2021 12:05
À : Support@HamApps.groups.io
Objet : Re: [HamApps] Error installing JTAlert

Thks all,

I totally misunderstand the manual but when I download JT Alert (https://hamapps.com/JTAlert/) and run the install.exe file I get below, I do not see any menu's. SO what am I doing wrong.

73 PH7R Ronald

Jim N6VH

On 7/3/2021 9:04 AM, PH7R - Ronald wrote:
Thks all,

73 PH7R Ronald

_._,_._,_

Ronald,

Left-click on the cog at the lower right of the Callsigns window. That will bring up the menus. Another method is to make certain the Callsigns window is the active window, and press the F2 button on your keyboard.

Jim N6VH

PH7R - Ronald

Jim,

Thks for your reply. See below what I see. I am expecting somekind menu to bring me to UDP settings. As I still get the same error as in my previous post.

73 PH7R Ronald

Jim N6VH

On 7/3/2021 10:41 AM, PH7R - Ronald wrote:
Jim,

Thks for your reply. See below what I see. I am expecting somekind menu to bring me to UDP settings. As I still get the same error as in my previous post.

73 PH7R Ronald
_._,_._,_

Ronald,

In the message I replied to, you said you ran the "Install.exe" file and you showed the Callsigns window. The "Install.exe" file is the JTAlert.2.50.2.Install.X64.exe. Is that what you mean?  When you run the install file, you don't get any windows immediately, so you must have run the JTAlert.exe file, preferably by running the shortcut that works with WSJT-X. When you run that file, you should get a window that looks like this - see attached picture JTAlert Main. It might be covered up by the Callsigns window. Move that window, and see if it is there. Once you have that window, Settings should show near the top.

To do the following, I suggest you run WSJT-X first, without JTAlert running,

In order to make a connection to WSJT-X, you need to do some settings in WSJT-X. In JTAlert, click on Help / WSJT-X UDP Setup. There are very good instructions there. In WSJT-X, click Settings and go to the Reporting tab. The JTAlert Help file shows a very good representation of what the WSJT-X settings should be. I have included a picture of my settings. Notice that my setting for Outgoing interfaces is different. That is because that is what was available on my system. Your system might be different.

Now, with WSJT-X running, run JTAlert, using the shortcut that works with WSJT-X. In JTAlert click Settings. At the very top, click WSJT-X Multicast on Loopback.

After doing all that, JTAlert should be able to communicate with WSJT-X. Please let us know if it works, or not.

Jim N6VH

PH7R - Ronald

Thks Jim,

I have installed JTAlert.2.50.2.Install.X64.exe. When I start it I get 2 red music icons in my toolbar, see pciture. The left one does not open properly, if I click on it than both the screen WSJT-X and callsigns#1 are shown on the screen. The only thing I see is "JTAlert 2.50.2 PH7R[???m,,L".
If I click the right one only signs#1 pops up. Hope this clarifies the situation.

73 PH7R Ronald

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 4/07/2021 5:48 am, PH7R - Ronald wrote:
I get 2 red music icons in my toolbar, see pciture. The left one does not open properly, if I click on it than both the screen WSJT-X and callsigns#1 are shown on the screen. The only thing I see is "JTAlert 2.50.2 PH7R[???m,,L".
If I click the right one only signs#1 pops up. Hope this clarifies the situation.

73 PH7R Ronald

It would appear that the main JTAlert window is off-scree, a common Windows problem. Do a Google Search  on "Recover off-screen Window" will bring up many thousands of hits for this common problem. Once you get that window back to your main screen you will be able to access its Settings widow.

de Laurie VK3AMA

PH7R - Ronald

Thks Laurie, that worked.

73 PH7R Ronald