PH7R - Ronald

Hi,

I am trying to install JTAlert but receive below error. Tried to figure out solution but without any luck. So looking for some guidance.

73, PH7R

Joe Subich, W4TV

See Help -> WSJTX UDP Setup

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-07-01 11:35 AM, PH7R - Ronald wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to install JTAlert but receive below error. Tried to figure out solution but without any luck. So looking for some guidance.
73, PH7R

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 2/07/2021 1:35 am, PH7R - Ronald wrote:
I am trying to install JTAlert but receive below error. Tried to figure out solution but without any luck. So looking for some guidance.

73, PH7R

Try using Multicast UDP with WSJT-X. See the "Help -> WSJT-X UDP Setup" menu.

Also, recent versions of WSJT-X no longer send UDP heartbeat messages when Monitor is turned off. If JTAlert is started and WSJT-X does not have Monitor enabled, JTAlert will never see any UDP traffic from WSJT-X and will eventually display that error window. This is new behavior for WSJT-X (I don't know why that was changed) so it is important to have Monitor turned on to avoid this message.

de Laurie VK3AMA

g4wjs

On 01/07/2021 21:15, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
On 2/07/2021 1:35 am, PH7R - Ronald wrote:
I am trying to install JTAlert but receive below error. Tried to figure out solution but without any luck. So looking for some guidance.

73, PH7R

Try using Multicast UDP with WSJT-X. See the "Help -> WSJT-X UDP Setup" menu.

Also, recent versions of WSJT-X no longer send UDP heartbeat messages when Monitor is turned off. If JTAlert is started and WSJT-X does not have Monitor enabled, JTAlert will never see any UDP traffic from WSJT-X and will eventually display that error window. This is new behavior for WSJT-X (I don't know why that was changed) so it is important to have Monitor turned on to avoid this message.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Hi Laurie,

that was not an intentional change, thanks for the report, I will investigate.

Bill
G4WJS.

g4wjs

On 01/07/2021 21:21, g4wjs wrote:
[...]

this turns out to be a long standing defect. It is due to code in WSJT-X that avoids sending duplicate UDP datagrams, which has been in place for many versions. Disabling "Monitor" causes most messages not to be sent and that can, and usually does, mean heartbeat messages are the only ones queued for sending, and as they are all identical only the first one gets sent.

I will make a change that ensures heartbeat messages are not trapped by the duplicate datagram detection code.

Bill
G4WJS.

PH7R - Ronald

Thks all for the info and help. But somwhow I do not get it fixed. Some it is much appreciated to have some more guidance.

73, PH7R Ronald

Michael Black

Try 224 instead of 244

Mike W9MDB

On Friday, July 2, 2021, 11:28:22 AM CDT, PH7R - Ronald <rpmeier.ned@...> wrote:

Thks all for the info and help. But somwhow I do not get it fixed. Some it is much appreciated to have some more guidance.

73, PH7R Ronald

PH7R - Ronald

Thks all,

I totally misunderstand the manual but when I download JT Alert (https://hamapps.com/JTAlert/) and run the install.exe file I get below, I do not see any menu's. SO what am I doing wrong.

73 PH7R Ronald

André C

Check on your taskbar you might have 2 JTalert icon