Topics

locked DXKeeper to LoTW


 

I see the option to have DXKeeper upload each new qso to LoTW. I have that checked but it is not working. At the present time I do it from the ADIF file. It's not a big deal but it would be more convenient. What am I missing? 

73,

John  NA6Y


Michael Black
 

Best you ask the DXKeeper folks.....nothing to do with JTAlert as long as DXKeeper is logging it.

Mike W9MDB




On Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 08:41:41 AM CDT, John <na6y34@...> wrote:


I see the option to have DXKeeper upload each new qso to LoTW. I have that checked but it is not working. At the present time I do it from the ADIF file. It's not a big deal but it would be more convenient. What am I missing? 

73,

John  NA6Y


Ed
 


g4wjs
 

Mike,

if I understand the process correctly it is not wholly down to DXKeeper. JTAlert requests that DXKeeper do a single QSO upload to LoTW when it passes a QSO to DXKeeper. It is not controlled by DXKeeper settings other than that DXKeeper has to be set up correctly to communicate with TQSL to do the upload, it is JTAlert that indirectly initiates the upload.

73
Bill
G4WJS.

On 27/10/2020 13:43, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
Best you ask the DXKeeper folks.....nothing to do with JTAlert as long as DXKeeper is logging it.

Mike W9MDB




On Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 08:41:41 AM CDT, John <na6y34@...> wrote:


I see the option to have DXKeeper upload each new qso to LoTW. I have that checked but it is not working. At the present time I do it from the ADIF file. It's not a big deal but it would be more convenient. What am I missing? 

73,

John  NA6Y



--
73
Bill
G4WJS.


Michael Black
 

Yup...you're right Bill....
John...do you have the checkboxe turned on?
Mike W9MDB

Inline image





On Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 09:00:41 AM CDT, g4wjs <bill.8@...> wrote:


Mike,

if I understand the process correctly it is not wholly down to DXKeeper. JTAlert requests that DXKeeper do a single QSO upload to LoTW when it passes a QSO to DXKeeper. It is not controlled by DXKeeper settings other than that DXKeeper has to be set up correctly to communicate with TQSL to do the upload, it is JTAlert that indirectly initiates the upload.

73
Bill
G4WJS.

On 27/10/2020 13:43, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
Best you ask the DXKeeper folks.....nothing to do with JTAlert as long as DXKeeper is logging it.

Mike W9MDB




On Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 08:41:41 AM CDT, John <na6y34@...> wrote:


I see the option to have DXKeeper upload each new qso to LoTW. I have that checked but it is not working. At the present time I do it from the ADIF file. It's not a big deal but it would be more convenient. What am I missing? 

73,

John  NA6Y



--
73
Bill
G4WJS.


Dave AA6YQ
 

+ AA6YQ comments below

I see the option to have DXKeeper upload each new qso to LoTW. I have that checked but it is not working. At the present time I do it from the ADIF file. It's not a big deal but it would be more convenient. What am I missing?

+ Are you able to upload QSOs to LoTW when you log them from DXKeeper?

73,

Dave, AA6YQ


Dave AA6YQ
 

+ AA6YQ comments below

Best you ask the DXKeeper folks.....nothing to do with JTAlert as long as DXKeeper is logging it.

+ JTAlert must include an "upload to LoTW" indication in the "log QSOs" request it sends to DXKeeper, so "nothing to do with JTAlert" is false.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 28/10/2020 6:38 am, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
JTAlert must include an "upload to LoTW" indication in the "log QSOs" request it sends to DXKeeper, so "nothing to do with JTAlert" is false.


JTAlert has had that for Lotw and Eqsl uploads for many years now. The OP needs to enable the appropriate setting in JTAlert.

The AI module of JTAlert is not yet mature enough to reliably make the decision to override a non-enabled setting based on what the OP wants to do so has not been enabled ;)

de Laurie VK3AMA


Dave AA6YQ
 

+ AA6YQ comments below

JTAlert must include an "upload to LoTW" indication in the "log QSOs" request it sends to DXKeeper, so "nothing to do with
JTAlert" is false.

JTAlert has had that for Lotw and Eqsl uploads for many years now. The OP needs to enable the appropriate setting in JTAlert.

+ Of course, and DXKeeper must be properly configured to fulfill the "upload to LoTW" request. I was simply objecting to the
"nothing to do with JTAlert" characterization; DXKeeper isn't telepathic...

73,

Dave, AA6YQ


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 28/10/2020 7:06 am, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
DXKeeper isn't telepathic

"Telepathic", that's the word I was looking.

de Laurie VK3AMA