locked DXKeeper Logging Loop

Dave WA7DH

Been using JTAlert with the DXLab suite of programs for couple years and love it.  Running JTAlert 2.50.2, WSJTX 2.3.1 and all latest DXLab suite on Win10 without prior issues.

Today updated DXKeeper to 16.1.9.  First FT8 contact logged put JTAlert and DXKeeper in a loop creating duplicate logs of same contact.  Had to kill JTAlert to stop then delete some 20+ extra log entries.

Any suggestions things to check?

Dave WA7DH 

Sent from my un-smartphone

Joe Subich, W4TV

Make sure the "Secondary UDP Server" in *WSJTX* (File -> Settings
-> Reporting) is *NOT* enabled.

Also, make sure the UDP Transmission port in JTAlert (Settings ->
Manage Settings -> Logging -> Last QSO API) is *NOT* the same as
the "UDP Server Port number" in *WSJT* (File -> Settings ->
Reporting).

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-07-08 12:13 PM, Dave WA7DH wrote:
Been using JTAlert with the DXLab suite of programs for couple years and love it. Running JTAlert 2.50.2, WSJTX 2.3.1 and all latest DXLab suite on Win10 without prior issues.
Today updated DXKeeper to 16.1.9. First FT8 contact logged put JTAlert and DXKeeper in a loop creating duplicate logs of same contact. Had to kill JTAlert to stop then delete some 20+ extra log entries.
Dave WA7DH
Sent from my un-smartphone

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 9/07/2021 2:13 am, Dave WA7DH wrote:
Been using JTAlert with the DXLab suite of programs for couple years and love it.  Running JTAlert 2.50.2, WSJTX 2.3.1 and all latest DXLab suite on Win10 without prior issues.

Today updated DXKeeper to 16.1.9.  First FT8 contact logged put JTAlert and DXKeeper in a loop creating duplicate logs of same contact.  Had to kill JTAlert to stop then delete some 20+ extra log entries.

Dave WA7DH 

• Ensure that the "Resend WSJT-X UDP packets..." setting is not enabled under the Settings Windows, "Applications -> WSJT-X /JTDX" section. If you need this enabled, the port must not match the WSJT-X UDP Server port.

• Ensure the WSJT-X secondary UDP Server is turned off or that the UDP does not match the port of the primary UDP Server settings.

None of the settings are enabled by default and do not use the same UDP port as the WSJT-X UDP Server settings. If any of these settings are enabled or the port is set to match WSJT-X that can only happen by you altering the settings. JTAlert will not do this on its own.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Dave WA7DH

I had changes to used FD logging software over mesh instead of DXLab for Field Day.  Thought had everything changed back but missed one port setting.  Got working again.  Thanks everyone. 

Dave WA7DH

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 10/07/2021 3:29 am, Dave WA7DH wrote:
I had changes to used FD logging software over mesh instead of DXLab for Field Day.  Thought had everything changed back but missed one port setting.  Got working again.  Thanks everyone. 

Dave WA7DH

Which setting had to be adjusted? Was it in WSJT-X or JTAlert?

de Laurie VK3AMA