Topics

locked DXCC color overwrites others

James Gill

I'm relatively new to JTAlert but really find it useful to help me avoid stations I've worked before and find stations in states I haven't worked before. I've recently started working DX with FT8. I'm working more countries than I was ever able to over the past 60 years as a ham. Now I've worked so many that I can't keep track of them in my head, so I tried setting up JTAlert to spot new ones. Unfortunately, when I turn on DXCC alerting, all the stations in the JTAlert window take on the color I set for DXCC -- red type, yellow background. I tried changing the alert priority, but it doesn't seem to matter how I set it. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks and 73s

Jim - W4GMU

Tom Job

Hi Jim…

Yes, it’s a great program for tracking your needed DXCC, States, Grids….whatever.

If you are using one of the supported loggers and you are logging your QSO’s to the log, it’s easy.  Go into Settings>Rebuild Alert Database and then check the box(s) for what you want to update, ie: DXCC, States, New VE Provinces….  Depending on what you check, it will take a few minutes.  I have almost 9000 QSO’s in my log and if I check every box, it takes about 4 to 5 minutes to rebuild.  Once it’s done, click Apply then Save.

That will stop ALL of the DX from alerting you because now the program knows you have worked them.  Only unworked DX will show an alert.

Then, in the main Settings menu, go Alerts>Wanted DXCC>Bands.  Then you can see your results by clicking on each band at the bottom.  Make sure the mode is correct, too J.  It’s a drop-down menu just below the country list.  The country’s you have worked will be in the left box and the needed ones will be in the right.

I know this sounds complicated but it’s really not.  Just a lot of clicking!

Unfortunately, I have not found a way to add a new country that I work without going through all that.  So, I work 4 or 5 new ones and then rebuild the DXCC part, only.  Maybe once a week I will do a complete rebuild.

I hope this help…good luck and good DX

Tom VE3II