locked Duplicates #FT8

I seem to be having trouble with duplicates on one of my computers. When I work someone on my laptop as soon as I work him his call sign shows up as gray for a dupe. On my Desktop computer as soon as I work a station he does not turn gray for a dupe.
--
73's de NU4N

Michael Black

Using the same logging file on both computers?

By "dup" I assume you mean you see the "B4" badge?

That is triggered when you log the contact and they send a 73 back.

Mike W9MDB

On Monday, September 26, 2022 at 06:56:16 AM CDT, Dave Tucker Nu4N <dwtucker19@...> wrote:

I seem to be having trouble with duplicates on one of my computers. When I work someone on my laptop as soon as I work him his call sign shows up as gray for a dupe. On my Desktop computer as soon as I work a station he does not turn gray for a dupe.
--
73's de NU4N

David Tucker

Hey Mike  good to hear you. I think  you set me up on Drop Box I guess I needed to explain myself  a little better. Yes the duplicate calls signs do not show up GRAY as worked B4. I have the same version of software on both computers. And I have the setting's set the same. I guess if I replaced the ADIF file from on computer to another. But I should not have to do that.

On 9/26/2022 8:26 AM, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
Using the same logging file on both computers?

By "dup" I assume you mean you see the "B4" badge?

That is triggered when you log the contact and they send a 73 back.

Mike W9MDB

On Monday, September 26, 2022 at 06:56:16 AM CDT, Dave Tucker Nu4N <dwtucker19@...> wrote:

I seem to be having trouble with duplicates on one of my computers. When I work someone on my laptop as soon as I work him his call sign shows up as gray for a dupe. On my Desktop computer as soon as I work a station he does not turn gray for a dupe.
--
73'S DE NU4N DAVE
--

Joe Subich, W4TV

I have the same version of software on both computers. And I have the
setting's set the same. I guess if I replaced the ADIF file from on
computer to another. But I should not have to do that.
WSJTX only reads the ADIF (log) when it starts up - it updates an "in
memory" copy when you work a new station. The *ONLY* way to update
the log (worked before) on another computer is to merge the two logs
and then "reread" (File -> Settings -> Colors -> Rescan ADIF Log) the
merged file.

73,

... Joe, W4TV