locked Dual callsign

Paul F6EXV

Hi again
I am struggling very hard again on how to configure for 2 callsigns.
It was working fine with my previous version, now all messed up...
Let me explain :
I have 2 callsigns, which I want to be able to swich to easily.
I am using Log4OM as a logging program. I have the 2 profiles set there, and I can switch from one call to the other fine.
For one callsign, all works fine with JTDX and JTAlert.
For the other callsign, JTDX does decode OK, but the link betwenn JTAlert and JTDX no longer works.

Should the second callsign JTAlert config be identical to the first, or, if it must be different, what must change ?

The other option is to use JTAlert with 2 callsigns, but I just cannot figure out how to set it up...
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV

On 22/05/2021 6:01 pm, Paul F6EXV wrote:
I am struggling very hard again on how to configure for 2 callsigns.
It was working fine with my previous version, now all messed up...
Let me explain :
I have 2 callsigns, which I want to be able to swich to easily.
I am using Log4OM as a logging program. I have the 2 profiles set there, and I can switch from one call to the other fine.
For one callsign, all works fine with JTDX and JTAlert.
For the other callsign, JTDX does decode OK, but the link betwenn JTAlert and JTDX no longer works.

Should the second callsign JTAlert config be identical to the first, or, if it must be different, what must change ?

The other option is to use JTAlert with 2 callsigns, but I just cannot figure out how to set it up...
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV

Paul,

It is not clear to me how you're trying to use two different Callsigns.

If you want to use JTAlert with an alternate callsign (or any number of alternate callsigns), you simply need to create an additional JTAlert shortcut that specifies the alternate Callsign. Many users use this technique when they need to switch between an OM and an XYL callsign as an example.

Under the "Station Callsign" section of the JTAlert Settings, you can have JTAlert create the additional desktop shortcuts.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Paul F6EXV

Laurie
Very simple...as I said... I want to be able to switch from one call to the other as easily as possible. For all of Log4OM (same instance, but 2 callsigns) + JTDX + JTAlert.
I have created this shortcut as you say, connected the right Log4OM callsign to it.
BUT it does not copy the band. I get an error message afeter a while saying "unable to communicate with the JTDX process - UDP Port 2236 - IP address 127.0.01 - Value read from JTDX config file...
So what is going wrong ?

73
Paul F6EXV

Le 22/05/2021 à 20:31, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) a écrit :
[...]

Garanti sans virus. www.avast.com

Paul F6EXV

And, further to my previous email, JTDX no longer logs to Log4OM...

Le 22/05/2021 à 21:51, Paul F6EXV a écrit :

[...]

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 23/05/2021 5:51 am, Paul F6EXV wrote:
BUT it does not copy the band. I get an error message afeter a while saying "unable to communicate with the JTDX process - UDP Port 2236 - IP address 127.0.01 - Value read from JTDX config file...
So what is going wrong ?

73
Paul F6EXV

Very likely a setup issue with Log4OM preventing JTAlert receiving UDP data from WSJT-X due to using a unicast UDP setup in WSJT-X and Log4OM taking exclusive control of the UDP port (2237).

Switch WSJT-X to using multicast UDP. This will allow multiple applications to concurrently work with WSJT-X. If you're trying to have Lo4OM work with WSJT-X directly, you will need to switch it to using multicast as well, see the Log4OM manual".

See the JTAlert Help file, "WSJT-X UDP setup" topic on how to setup WSJT-X and JTAlert to use multicast.

de Laurie VK3AMA