locked Does JTAlert support receiving audio alerts over TeamViewer


we2s_jim
 

I operate my station remotely from my home home computer (a Big Sur iMac).using TeamViewer. The remote computer runs Windows 10 and JTAlert v2.16.8.  Is there a way to get the JTAlert audio alerts on my home computer?  If so, how do I do that?


AB8WD-Willie
 

Open TeamViewer, and click Extras > Options: Next, head to the Meeting section, and in the right pane, check Share computer sounds and sharing: Click OK to apply the settings.


Tim N3XX
 

I do the same thing with TeamViewer, but only over the LAN in my house, connecting from one computer in the house to the remote computer in the shack. I receive all audio from the shack computer, including JTAlert alert sounds. On the computer I use to connect to the shack computer, in the TeamViewer options for remote control, I have enabled "Play computer sounds and music". I'm not aware of any other options necessary to receive sound from the remote computer.

GL.... 73,
Tim - N3XX

On 2021-03-20 12:16 PM, we2s_jim wrote:
I operate my station remotely from my home home computer (a Big Sur iMac).using TeamViewer. The remote computer runs Windows 10 and JTAlert v2.16.8.  Is there a way to get the JTAlert audio alerts on my home computer?  If so, how do I do that?


neil_zampella
 

I see you've gotten your answer from other posters, but you do realize that JT-Alert is now on v2.16.17 ?

 

Neil, KN3ILZ


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 21/03/2021 4:13 am, Tim N3XX wrote:
I do the same thing with TeamViewer, but only over the LAN in my house, connecting from one computer in the house to the remote computer in the shack.  I receive all audio from the shack computer, including JTAlert alert sounds.  On the computer I use to connect to the shack computer, in the TeamViewer options for remote control, I have enabled "Play computer sounds and music".  I'm not aware of any other options necessary to receive sound from the remote computer.

GL....  73,
Tim - N3XX

That's how I run as well. 99% of the time I am remote controlling my shack PC (located at the back of the house) with the audio alerts relayed by TeamViewer.

de Laurie VK3AMA


Walt Flesher, W6SA
 
Edited

I've used Teamviewer successfully for remote operation with all the sounds coming through.
My only issue was it kept timing out on me if I did not use it for a while.
I've used it on the home LAN and over the Internet when away from home.
73
Walt, W6SA


we2s_jim
 

Thank you very much for your quick response and your clear and explicit directions.  I believe I have followed them.  The Share computer sounds and music box is checked on the remote computer.  As N3XX suggested, I have also enabled Play computer sounds and music on my home computer.  I tried using the Test Sound Card setting in JTAlert.  I have received no response at the remote computer.  Do you have any suggestions as to where I may have gone wrong?


Dave Garber
 

have you confirmed that neither computer may have their speakers muted?

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE


On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 10:53 PM we2s_jim <we2s.jim@...> wrote:
Thank you very much for your quick response and your clear and explicit directions.  I believe I have followed them.  The Share computer sounds and music box is checked on the remote computer.  As N3XX suggested, I have also enabled Play computer sounds and music on my home computer.  I tried using the Test Sound Card setting in JTAlert.  I have received no response at the remote computer.  Do you have any suggestions as to where I may have gone wrong?


d_ziolkowski
 

I used Teamviewer for several years. worked fine, then got an update and sound quit. Nothing I did could restore it. Got another update sound worked, another update sound quit again. 

Home machine was Win10, remote Ubuntu.

Then I also realized my data was going to/from servers in Germany. My remote was in the Living room! seemed like overkill.

I found an alternative in "NoMachine". Never an audio problem,and my data stays within my LAN. 

Teamviewer can do that, but I could not get it to work.

No Machine can be used outside your lan by setting up some port forwarding in your router. 

Thanks Dan KC2STA

--
Dan Ziolkowski KC2STA
SKCC #4290T
Ubuntu LINUX


we2s_jim
 

Thank you all for all your responses! Ultimately, for me, it was easier to set TV up so that i could watch with audio on the home computer YouTube videos playing on the remote computer.  Once that was working, it was easy to setup JTAlert. Thanks again.  

Jim