Topics

locked Does JTA get along with Gridtracker ?

Román Toledo

Sorry if this is not the place.  it's just that I just installed Gridtracker and noticed JTA  seemed to be disconnected or disabled by GRID

any replies are welcomed

thanks

Jamie GOLLY

The answer is yes.

Take a look at how I made it work, disregarding the radio settings itself.

GL, Jamie
K6NGN

On Aug 10, 2020, at 10:23 AM, Román Toledo via groups.io <rtoledo2002@...> wrote:

Sorry if this is not the place.  it's just that I just installed Gridtracker and noticed JTA  seemed to be disconnected or disabled by GRID

any replies are welcomed

thanks

neil_zampella

You may want to take a look at the beta version that has added UDP multicasting support.

From the release notes:

- UDP Multicast: JTAlert now supports joining a UDP multicast group IP address
       when interacting with WSJT-X. This is automatic, using the settings as defined
       for each detected WSJT-X instance discovered running on the same PC as JTAlert.
       Multicast support across multiple PCs/Networks is not supported.
       Current JTAlert/WSJT-X setups, either single or multiple instance will operate
       as normal without any changes to WSJT-X settings.
       Users who want to take advantage of concurrently running applications like DX
       Aggregator or Grid Tracker along-side JTAlert will need to set the WSJT-X UDP
       Server to a valid Multicast IP (in the 239.0.0.0 to 239.255.0.0 range) and set
       those applications to use that IP address. JTAlert requires zero-configuration.

B. Smith

This is how I have JTAlert - WSJT-X and Log4OM working together (see pics below). You do not need UDP multicast.

neil_zampella

Um ... this thread has nothing to do with Log4OM, the writer was asking about Gridtracker.

Neil, KN3ILZ

B. Smith

All the info in my message pertains to Gridtracker UDP interoperations with JTAlert, WSJT-X, and my flavor of logging software. I felt that going beyond the simple use of GridTracker and JTAlert together that logging might as well be thrown into the mix. In my previous message the first window was Log4OM settings, the second window was JTAlert settings, and the third window was GridTracker settings. Here is my WSJTX settings for UDP that I forgot to include. Please excuse my lack of explanatory information, as I am used to communicating with engineers.

Román Toledo

I want to thank  you all for the information supplied. I will put your replies to work. I really appreciate your time and help.

Best Regards

Roman Toledo Casabona