locked Do Callsign Alerts work with /MM callsigns?


Jim Reisert AD1C
 

I tried to add YU2AX/MM (maritime mobile) as a wanted callsign, but
I'm not seeing the correct alert highlighting. Do /MM callsigns break
the algorithm?

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, https://www.ad1c.us


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 14/04/2021 10:49 am, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
I tried to add YU2AX/MM (maritime mobile) as a wanted callsign, but
I'm not seeing the correct alert highlighting.  Do /MM callsigns break
the algorithm?

They shouldn't. But I will have to run some tests to confirm, it has been many moons since I went near that code.

Easiest solution is to enter the Wanted Callsign as "YU2AX%".

de Laurie VK3AMA




Jim Reisert AD1C
 

Maybe I don't understand how the Callsign Alert is supposed to work.  I have the Wanted Callsign alert enabled.  The "Alert when decoded Callsign worked B4" selection is *not* checked.  YU2AX/MM is in the callsign list.  I am using ADIF logging only with JTAlert-X.

JTAlert 2.50.0 and WSJT-X v2.4.0-rc4

I had a QSO with YU2AX/MM on 30m FT8 on 2019-06-26.  My JTAlert log shows he was in grid square QK09.  I added the wanted callsign last night, but did *not* do any re-indexing.  However, my log has been re-indexed many times before that, well after that 2019 QSO.

Tonight YU2AX/MM is on 30m FT8 again.  The call is being Alerted - magenta background.  Ideally, that's what I want in this case (he's /MM, it might be a new grid), but it doesn't seem to agree with the unchecked "Worked B4" box (above).  He is calling CQ but not giving a grid square because it's a compound callsign.  Here's a screenshot showing the color highlighting in my WSJT-X window (from JTAlert-X):

wsjtx_2021-04-15_01-29-06.png
Here's a later screenshot showing my QSO.  Notice that just after the QSO, YU2AX/MM has a gray background, indicating this is *not* a callsign alert because it has been worked before:

wsjtx_2021-04-15_01-30-29.png
This is the part I don't understand:  Why did the *new* QSO cause JTAlert-X to see the callsign as "B4", but the older QSO did *not*?  This seems inconsistent with the setting/meaning of the "Alert when decoded Callsign worked B4" checkbox.

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@...>, https://www.ad1c.us


Dave Garber
 

not sure if part of your answer, it seems by your image that an alert came up because he is sending a different grid square than you say you logged..
Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE


On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 3:41 AM Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@...> wrote:
Maybe I don't understand how the Callsign Alert is supposed to work.  I have the Wanted Callsign alert enabled.  The "Alert when decoded Callsign worked B4" selection is *not* checked.  YU2AX/MM is in the callsign list.  I am using ADIF logging only with JTAlert-X.

JTAlert 2.50.0 and WSJT-X v2.4.0-rc4

I had a QSO with YU2AX/MM on 30m FT8 on 2019-06-26.  My JTAlert log shows he was in grid square QK09.  I added the wanted callsign last night, but did *not* do any re-indexing.  However, my log has been re-indexed many times before that, well after that 2019 QSO.

Tonight YU2AX/MM is on 30m FT8 again.  The call is being Alerted - magenta background.  Ideally, that's what I want in this case (he's /MM, it might be a new grid), but it doesn't seem to agree with the unchecked "Worked B4" box (above).  He is calling CQ but not giving a grid square because it's a compound callsign.  Here's a screenshot showing the color highlighting in my WSJT-X window (from JTAlert-X):

wsjtx_2021-04-15_01-29-06.png
Here's a later screenshot showing my QSO.  Notice that just after the QSO, YU2AX/MM has a gray background, indicating this is *not* a callsign alert because it has been worked before:

wsjtx_2021-04-15_01-30-29.png
This is the part I don't understand:  Why did the *new* QSO cause JTAlert-X to see the callsign as "B4", but the older QSO did *not*?  This seems inconsistent with the setting/meaning of the "Alert when decoded Callsign worked B4" checkbox.

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@...>, https://www.ad1c.us


Jim Reisert AD1C
 

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 3:49 AM Dave Garber VE3WEJ / VE3IE wrote:

not sure if part of your answer, it seems by your image that an alert came up because he is sending a different grid square than you say you logged..

Dave, I don't believe that grid squares factor into the Callsign Alert decision.  It should be an all-or-nothing decision based solely on the callsign.

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@...>, https://www.ad1c.us


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 16/04/2021 1:21 am, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
Dave, I don't believe that grid squares factor into the Callsign Alert decision.  It should be an all-or-nothing decision based solely on the callsign.


If you have the B4 Alert set to consider Grids, than the /MM station CQing from a different from the previously logged Grid will be considered new (not a B4). That will cause the Wanted Callsign alert to be triggered. If a Callsign is detected as a B4 (based on the Mode, Band, Grid) setting for the B4 checks than ALL Alert types will not be triggered unless the B4 override for the individual Alerts is enabled.

In summary, if your B4 checks consider Grids as part of the alerting checks, a previously worked Wanted Callsign operating from a different grid will trigger the Wanted Callsign Alert.

de Laurie VK3AMA