locked Disappearing B4's in FT4

Richard Preece

Hi

I have had a good search and can't seem to find reference to my issue but apologies if it's been covered already. I have never had any issues with B4 until I started using FT4, if I make and log a contact it correctly shows as B4, if I then change band and come back the B4 tag disappears. This only happens with Ft4, no other mode. I'm logging with HRD and have latest versions of JT Alert and WSJTX running. All the solutions that have been suggested to me would affect other modes too such as rebuild log, like I said they are all fine.

Thanks

Rich

neil_zampella

Edited

Rich,

and you have 'ignore band' checked or unchecked ?   What about 'ignore mode' ??

If ignore band is checked, uncheck it.   This 'should' restore B4 by band.   How about ignore mode?   I'm sure you don't want to do that during normal operations.

If that doesn't work, I'd use the 'CONTACT SUPPORT' link on the HELP menu so Laurie will get the JT-Alert files and see what's going on.

Neil, KN3ILZ

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 14/03/2021 3:48 pm, Richard Preece wrote:
I have had a good search and can't seem to find reference to my issue but apologies if it's been covered already. I have never had any issues with B4 until I started using FT4, if I make and log a contact it correctly shows as B4, if I then change band and come back the B4 tag disappears. This only happens with Ft4, no other mode. I'm logging with HRD and have latest versions of JT Alert and WSJTX running. All the solutions that have been suggested to me would affect other modes too such as rebuild log, like I said they are all fine.

Thanks

Rich

What version of HRD?

Broken FT4 behavior suggests either an old HRD version, pre 6.7.0.269, or a HRD Log that has not been updated to be ADIF 3.1 compliant.
If your HRD log is ADIF 3.1 compliant (has been upgraded using  the HRD instructions) than likely you have not told JTAlert that the Log has been made compliant. See the JTAlert Help File, "HRD 6.7.0.269, JTAlert Settings" topic at the root level.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Richard Preece

Thanks Laurie, that fixed it.

Rich