Topics

locked Decodes window stopped working

d_ziolkowski

Hello Laurie-

The decodes window opens but no decodes are shown, Plenty of decodes on  main window.  I shut off my filters, still no decodes shown.

I had been on the version before latest when it quit showing decodes. Then I updated to 2.16.13, and still no decodes.

Your assistance please!

Dan KC2STA

Bob Willey

I have had the same issue for some time now.
I have it so it opens the Decodes window when JTAlert opens
What I have found is that I just close the Decodes window and go to JTAlert > View > Open Decodes Window
and it works then.
Frustrating but doable.
I am on the latest version of WSJT-X and JTAlert
I really like working it with the Decodes window open, makes it easier to see who is on and where they are, without having to worrying about the decodes going away up the screen on WSJT-X

Bob

photo
Bob Willey
K3RLW

(410) 251-8960 | K3RLW@...

http://qrz.com/db/K3RLW

5161 Ocean Gateway, Trappe Maryland 21673-2023 USA

On Sun, Sep 6, 2020 at 2:28 PM d_ziolkowski <dan.ziolkowski@...> wrote:
Hello Laurie-

The decodes window opens but no decodes are shown, Plenty of decodes on  main window.  I shut off my filters, still no decodes shown.

I had been on the version before latest when it quit showing decodes. Then I updated to 2.16.13, and still no decodes.

Your assistance please!

Dan KC2STA

d_ziolkowski

Bob-

exactly the same for me until on Friday it quit completely.

Dan KC2STA

--
Dan Ziolkowski KC2STA
SKCC #4290T

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 7/09/2020 5:37 am, d_ziolkowski wrote:
exactly the same for me until on Friday it quit completely.

Dan KC2STA
Dan,

If decode population has stopped and restarting the Decodes window does not cause the display to update then likely you have a corrupt database file and it will need to be deleted.

There are two ways you can use to delete the database files. Choose the method you prefer.
  1. Using Windows File Explorer delete all files with names starting "decodes" located at
    %localappdata%\HamApps\JTAlert\<YOUR_CALLSIGN>\Decode\

  2. Temporarily set the Decodes startup options (found under the Decodes Window File->Settings menu) to "Delete All Records" then restart (close & open) the Decodes window. Once restarted, you can change the options back to your previous setting.

    Under-the-hood, this option will cause the the database file to be deleted and a new empty file to be created.

de Laurie VK3AMA

WB8ASI Herb

I'm a big fan of the Decodes Window.  Much easier to see and read everything.  I used to have this problem, but Laurie had me change from "Delete Old Records" to "Delete All Records" and the problem has never shown up again.  73, Herb WB8ASI

d_ziolkowski

Well thanks Herb, there back!

Dan KC2STA