locked Decodes Window - Cannot Clear

Jon KM8V

I'm running into a weird new issue, where I can't clear the contents of the decodes window. I've tried deleting old items from the database, restarting, etc, to no avail.

This wouldn't be an issue, except that JT-Alert doesn't provide a mechanism to highlight needed DX Marathon spots if they have been worked B4, so aside from disabling B4 filtering/tracking, which doesn't make sense to me, the only way to see wanted DX Marathon spots (including B4s, which are valid for a new year) is with the Decodes window.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

73 de KM8V Jon

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 1/04/2021 3:48 am, Jon KM8V wrote:
I'm running into a weird new issue, where I can't clear the contents of the decodes window. I've tried deleting old items from the database, restarting, etc, to no avail.

This wouldn't be an issue, except that JT-Alert doesn't provide a mechanism to highlight needed DX Marathon spots if they have been worked B4, so aside from disabling B4 filtering/tracking, which doesn't make sense to me, the only way to see wanted DX Marathon spots (including B4s, which are valid for a new year) is with the Decodes window.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

73 de KM8V Jon

If the display is not clearing and deletion of old decodes is not being actioned, likely you have a corrupt decodes database file. Try deleting the database file. This is easily achieved by setting the delete options to delete all and then restarting the Decodes window. This doesn't delete any entries, but simply deletes the database file and creates a new one. After the Decodes has started be sure to set your delete options back.

JTAlert handles Marathon alerting
without the need to disable the B4 function. You simply need to set the date threshold for the B4 alert to the start of the year. Any previously worked Callsigns in your log prior to that date will not be shown as a B4 and will be considered for the Marathon Alert.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jon KM8V

On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 03:01 AM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
If the display is not clearing and deletion of old decodes is not being actioned, likely you have a corrupt decodes database file. Try deleting the database file. This is easily achieved by setting the delete options to delete all and then restarting the Decodes window. This doesn't delete any entries, but simply deletes the database file and creates a new one. After the Decodes has started be sure to set your delete options back.

Thanks, Laurie. Deleting the database seems to have done the trick.

JTAlert handles Marathon alerting
without the need to disable the B4 function. You simply need to set the date threshold for the B4 alert to the start of the year. Any previously worked Callsigns in your log prior to that date will not be shown as a B4 and will be considered for the Marathon Alert.
Yes, but that also affects B4 status globally. Ideally, Marathon alerts would have an option similar to Wanted Callsign alerts to "Alert when decoded callsign worked B4", where it highlights the callsign, but also shows "B4" at the end.

When writing this, I went to double-check, and it looks like there is an option to "Play Alert when decoded callsign worked B4" that I'm not sure I've tried. From the language, I'm not sure if that affects audio alerts only or also highlighting. My hope is that it also affects highlighting like Wanted Callsigns, or that if it does not, that enhancement could be included in a future release.

Thanks & 73 de KM8V

de Laurie VK3AMA