locked Decodes Window 2.50.6 not Printing

Bud Governale

Never happened before where the Decodes window does not print.
WSJT-X is decoding OK.
JTAlert is decoding callsigns properly but the window below remains blank.
This is a valuable resource showing all the details of each JTAlert decode callsign especially Direction.

Need help getting this window operational again.

73,

Bud W3LL
W3LL@...

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 6/10/2021 9:35 am, Bud Governale wrote:
Never happened before where the Decodes window does not print.
WSJT-X is decoding OK.
JTAlert is decoding callsigns properly but the window below remains blank.
This is a valuable resource showing all the details of each JTAlert decode callsign especially Direction.

Need help getting this window operational again.

73,

Bud W3LL
It is likely a problem with the decodes database file. Do the following
  • Stop JTAlert
  • Use Windows file explorer and navigate to %localappdata%\HamApps\JTAlert\W3LL\Decode\ then delete all files in that directory with names starting with "decodes.sqlite", there may be several.
  • After they have been deleted start JTAlert and open the Decodes window.

The Decodes window should now start populating as WSJTX starts decoding signals.

Let me know if that works for you.

de Laurie VK3AMA

emantegazza@...

Many Thanks for prompt replay, guys….

I solved uninstalling deeply JTAlert.

Previous uninstall was made by windows. Probably some files registry was not cancelled at all.

Than I use a dedicated Revo Uninstaller program than all has been deleted and ready for new fresh installation.

JTAler start to re work perfectly again as in the past.

Many Thnaks

Ernesto IW2DUG

Avast logo

Jerry Smith

I had the same problem. I followed your instructions and the decodes window now works. Thanks, Laurie.
--
NW9H Jerry