locked Decode Window not showing all GRID squares. Need to fix this soonest.

Mark W2OR

The decodes window is showing grids for most stations, likewise Miles and SP Short Path info, yes, but for several call signs in the decodes window  that same info is missing.  Yes, the call sign data bases for JTA have been updated today.

I've apparently missed something obvious.

// mark

John

I've noticed this too, but if you mouse over the alert, the op has not entered their grid square, I just look them up on QRZ, but sometimes the grid square isn't there either.

John
VE7KKQ

On Sat, Jun 12, 2021 at 10:49 AM Mark W2OR via groups.io <reston2010mm-orders=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
The decodes window is showing grids for most stations, likewise Miles and SP Short Path info, yes, but for several call signs in the decodes window  that same info is missing.  Yes, the call sign data bases for JTA have been updated today.

I've apparently missed something obvious.

// mark

Joe Subich, W4TV

Yes, the call sign data bases for JTA have been updated today.
Grid square is not in the callsign databases.

but for several call signs in the decodes window that same info is missing.
If a station is replying with TX2 and not calling CQ with their grid
(e.g., non-standard callsign) JTAlert (and WSTX) has no way of knowing
the gridsquare. If you were to click on/answer one of those stations
you would find the "DX Grid" box in WSJTX empty.

I've apparently missed something obvious.
Nothing except there are a lot of lids out there who answer with TX2
(never transmit their grid)!

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-06-12 1:48 PM, Mark W2OR via groups.io wrote:
The decodes window is showing grids for most stations, likewise Miles and SP Short Path info, yes, but for several call signs in the decodes window  that same info is missing.  Yes, the call sign data bases for JTA have been updated today.
I've apparently missed something obvious.
// mark

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 13/06/2021 3:48 am, Mark W2OR via groups.io wrote:
I've apparently missed something obvious.

The other party has never sent their grid in any of the received decodes for the current JTAlert session.

JTAlert does cache any decoded grid so that it is able to display grid/distance/bearing information for non-grid decodes. Some stations never tx their grid so will never show that grid-based information.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Mark W2OR

Thank you Laurie, and thank you Joe and John.
I've since slapped myself and had two cups of coffee.
73