Murf
n7uvh
snowing in north Idaho.

Joe Subich, W4TV

The current version of JTAlert is 2.50.9 (Decodes Window is F4) ... clicking on a *CQing* callsign in the Decode Window still works
(the CQing requirement is a limitation of WSJTX).

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-12-06 4:00 PM, Pat via groups.io wrote:
Hi guys
I used to able to click on a call in the Decode Window.  F9 in 2.16, and be able to call a station I clicked on.
I must have changed something, and not able to call from the f9 decode window anymore.
Help?
tnx
Murf
n7uvh
snowing in north Idaho.

Pat

thanks for you time Joe.
just updated to 2.5. opened F4 decode window.  all works on decodes and filters.
but when I click on a call.. nothing.  I have to use the main decode window and it works.
I have messed something up somewhere.. I have done a restart of my cpu also.
driving me crazy.
something is not talking to something my guess is.
Murf

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 7/12/2021 8:00 am, Pat via groups.io wrote:
I used to able to click on a call in the Decode Window.  F9 in 2.16, and be able to call a station I clicked on.
I must have changed something, and not able to call from the f9 decode window anymore.
Help?
tnx
Murf
n7uvh

WSJTX not responding to callsigns click events in JTAlert is typically due to an incomplete UDP setup in WSJTX. Specifically, the "Accept UDP requests" is not enabled in the  WSJTX settings. See the JTAlert Help File, click the "Help -> WSJTX UDP setup" menu.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Joe Subich, W4TV

I don't know how (as long as you are clicking/double clicking on a
CQ/73 decode) operation should be different between the Callsigns and
Decodes windows. I do not see any settings that would make operation
different in the two windows - only Laurie can answer this one.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-12-06 4:59 PM, Pat via groups.io wrote:
thanks for you time Joe.
just updated to 2.5. opened F4 decode window.  all works on decodes and filters.
but when I click on a call.. nothing.  I have to use the main decode window and it works.
I have messed something up somewhere.. I have done a restart of my cpu also.
driving me crazy.
something is not talking to something my guess is.
Murf

Pat

yeah..
nothing.
Used to work.
Murf

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 7/12/2021 11:25 am, Pat via groups.io wrote:
yeah..
nothing.
Used to work.
Murf

Are you saying the a callsign click in the JTAlert Callsigns window works while a click in the JTAlert Decodes window does not?

In a previous message you said "I have to use the main decode window and it works", what is the "main decode window", is that the JTAlert Callsigns window or is it the WSJTX window?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Pat

sorry
I have terms and name not right looks like.
so in just the main call sign decode window, all is ok.. now when I go to VIEW and F4 and open the DECODES window, I used to be able to click on a call...
calling CQ or rr73 and call that ham.  But I must have changed something somewhere...I am linked to WSJT for the data software.
Hope that is better on my explaining it.
Murf
n7uvh
Idaho

Pat

only thing that does work for me in the Decode window.. is if I right click on a call, will give the list of options to filter,hide etc.
fyi

chas cartmel

Pat, have you reinstalled?

73 Charlie