Topics

Decode Window

n4mf@...

Any chance at getting the decode window to do more than a 4 x 9 grid. 40M here routinely fills the 4 x 9 window and I see stuff not in the rx window not listed?

Mitch
N4MF

neil_zampella

Laurie has said that this will be available in version 3, if he ever gets the time to work on it after fixing requests and changes in v2 :)   However, it cannot be implemented in v2.x.x.

Neil, KN3ILZ

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 27/07/2020 11:49 am, n4mf@... wrote:
Any chance at getting the decode window to do more than a 4 x 9 grid. 40M here routinely fills the 4 x 9 window and I see stuff not in the rx window not listed?

Mitch
N4MF

The 4x9 Callsigns display of the main JTAlert window is not the Decodes Window. That is a separate window and is NOT limited to a maximum of 36 callsigns.

Rather than extending the display beyond 36 callsigns, the better option is to restrict the number of callsigns displayed at the end of a period. Fewer displayed callsigns, based on your specific needs, is a better solution allowing for quicker recognition of potential QSO candidates. Try restricting the display by using one or more of the Alert Filters. Don't display B4s and enabling display of Alert generating Callsigns only are good candidates. Get rid of the Callings that you don't have interest in, especially when the Bands are full.

Extending the current 4x9 display (as currently implemented) is on the todo list, but very unlikely to be implemented.

de Laurie VK3AMA

n4mf@...

Thanks for the info. I'll play with removing the B4's and some others as Those do fill a lot of the window (as of 2 days ago using WSJT-X on a FTDX-101D since 7-26-2019 i have over 2800 FT-8 contacts) so I have a lot of B4's.

Thanks and 73,
MItch
N4MF