locked "db" font small

Ron W3RJW

Laurie, This is a very small knit pick:  The font size of the "db" report is much smaller then the rest of the text in the 'Callsigns' decode display.
Does not seem to follow other text changes.

Ron, W3RJW

FTdx-5000, Timewave Navigator, WSJT-x Improved Widescreen 2.5.1, JTAlert 2.50.7, HRD Deluxe v6.7.0.391
FTdx-3000, SignaLink USB

Joe Subich, W4TV

Laurie,

Noticed the same thing here ... only it seems to be related to
the presence of Badges/Flags. When, particularly, both a badge
and a flag are present, the second line is rendered in a much
smaller type face than when the badges and flags are not. It
seems the presence of a badge *or* a flag reduces the size of
the second line by one step and the presence of *both* reduces
the second line by two steps.

In my opinion, the second line should take precedence over the
badges/flags. There will only be one badge at a time so it
does not need to extend below the first line and I am just
fine with the second line covering the eQSL and Online flags
(I don't show them anyway).

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-10-26 8:41 AM, Ron W3RJW via groups.io wrote:
Laurie, This is a very small knit pick:  The font size of the "db" report is much smaller then the rest of the text in the 'Callsigns' decode display.
Does not seem to follow other text changes.
Ron, W3RJW

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 26/10/2021 11:41 pm, Ron W3RJW via groups.io wrote:
Laurie, This is a very small knit pick:  The font size of the "db" report is much smaller then the rest of the text in the 'Callsigns' decode display.
Does not seem to follow other text changes.

Ron, W3RJW

Ron,

The reduced size of the db report compared to the Country name on the same line of the display was a deliberate design decision. My thinking at the time was to have any data prefixing the Country name to be of a different size so there was a visual separation of the two values. The plan was to offer alternate data items to be displayed in the db position. That never happened and with a db report not likely to be confused as part of the Country name there is really no need to have the reduced size. I have made the font size change for the next release, it is now equal to the Country name font size.

de Laurie VK3AMA