locked cty.dat file.

David Gould

I can't find the cty.dat file.   where is it supposed to be held?   A windows search does not come up with this file on my system.
How do I obtain and update this file?
DT8A (South Shetland) is showing as South Korea so is not being shown as wanted.

73,
Dave  G3UEG

Jim N6VH

On 4/11/2021 10:29 AM, David Gould wrote:
I can't find the cty.dat file.   where is it supposed to be held?   A windows search does not come up with this file on my system.
How do I obtain and update this file?
DT8A (South Shetland) is showing as South Korea so is not being shown as wanted.

73,
Dave  G3UEG
_._,_._,_

Dave,

The cty.dat file for JTAlert is actually cty.dat.sqlite. The normal Windows search might not find it. The search program I use is everything.exe, and it finds it. The latest version is dated 2021.04.05, and is available on the hamapps.com web site. This is actually a file that installs the database. This database does include DT8A. I'm guessing that you don't have the latest database installed. Download that file, and install it. That should give you the correct result for DT8A.

73,

Jim N6VH

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 12/04/2021 3:29 am, David Gould wrote:
I can't find the cty.dat file.   where is it supposed to be held?   A windows search does not come up with this file on my system.
How do I obtain and update this file?
DT8A (South Shetland) is showing as South Korea so is not being shown as wanted.

73,
Dave  G3UEG

There is no standalone cty.dat file. JTAlert uses an optimized version of the file, an sqlite database.
The latest Callsigns database correctly identifies the
South Shetland location of DT8A.
Download the latest database and run the installer, after first stopping JTAlert.

de Laurie VK3AMA

David Gould

Jim,

Thanks for that explanation and information.  I have downloaded and installed the latest database and now everything appears OK.

73,
Dave   G3UEG