CQ Marathon Alert ignors station worked in past years. #FT8

Bill Ahillen

CQ Marathon works well for me with the exception of stations that I have worked in the past from last year and before dont trigger an alert. If a station from the same entity is decoded on FT8 it alerts fine.
I suspect I need to delete a working log or change a parameter setting. I have just not figured it out.
The previously worked station, say from last year is greyed out but no alert even if I have not worked that entity this year.
I didn't want to just start deleting logfiles. I do delete the ALL.TXT file every few weeks to prevent an error message.
I run 4 instances of wsjt-x and 4 JTAlert instances with a Flex 6600 JTAleret version 2.50.9  wsjt-x ver 2.4.0 c19d62 Windows 10
73
Bill Ahillen W9JJB

Dennis

What logging software are you using?

Dennis, N1RDN

Bill Ahillen

HRD

Bill

On Jan 12, 2022, at 9:20 AM, Dennis <n1rdn@...> wrote:

What logging software are you using?

Dennis, N1RDN

Dennis

Edited

I asked because I know that DXKeeper, which I use, requires adjustments to some settings to recognize that we are now in a new year.  This is important because I believe JTAlert gets its information regarding what is needed from the logging program.  Perhaps HRD has some similar setting that needs adjustment?

Dennis, N1RDN

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 12/01/2022 1:25 pm, Bill Ahillen wrote:
CQ Marathon works well for me with the exception of stations that I have worked in the past from last year and before dont trigger an alert. If a station from the same entity is decoded on FT8 it alerts fine.
I suspect I need to delete a working log or change a parameter setting. I have just not figured it out.
The previously worked station, say from last year is greyed out but no alert even if I have not worked that entity this year.
I didn't want to just start deleting logfiles. I do delete the ALL.TXT file every few weeks to prevent an error message.
I run 4 instances of wsjt-x and 4 JTAlert instances with a Flex 6600 JTAleret version 2.50.9  wsjt-x ver 2.4.0 c19d62 Windows 10
73
Bill Ahillen W9JJB

You need to set the Date for the B4 checks to the start of this year. In the Settings window, "Alerts -> Worked B4" section.

You need to run the "Rebuild Alert Database" operation at least once this year in order for the Alert database to be reset for the Marathon and tossing out entity confirmations for past years.

`

Since the Marathon doesn't require QSL confirmations you may want to consider enabling the "Auto clear triggered ..." option under the "Alerts -> Wanted CQ Marathon" section of the Settings window.. This option makes it such that you don't need to run the Rebuild on a regular basis. But you still need to run the Rebuild at least once this year however so that entities logged so far this year are considered.

On 13/01/2022 3:26 am, Dennis wrote:
I asked because I know that DXKeeper, which I use, requires adjustments to some settings to recognize that we are now in a new year.  This is important because I believe JTAlert gets its information regarding what is needed from the logging program.  Perhaps HRD has some similar setting that needs adjustment?

Dennis, N1RDN

FYI, the DXKeeper Marathon settings you refer to are needed for the award tracking within the DXLab suite. JTAlert does not use those settings, it does its own alerting determination based on the current year and what entities are set in its internal alert database which typically gets updated whenever the Rebuild operation is performed.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Bill Ahillen

I have made the changes you suggested and resolved my problem.

73
Bill W9JJB