Topics

Configuration Log4OM

Paul F6EXV

Hi all
I am new to JTAlert.
I am using (or trying to) version 2.16.14 with Windows10, JTDX and Log4OM.
I have followed 2 different tutorials, but my JTAlert screen remains empty ! I do not care about the sound alert.
It does communicate with the log : the test within the Log4OM menu is passed OK.
Obviously, I am missing something. The port numbers seam to be OK, according to those tutorials.
What else should I check ?

Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV

On 14/10/2020 11:38 pm, Paul F6EXV wrote:
I am new to JTAlert.
I am using (or trying to) version 2.16.14 with Windows10, JTDX and Log4OM.
I have followed 2 different tutorials, but my JTAlert screen remains empty ! I do not care about the sound alert.
It does communicate with the log : the test within the Log4OM menu is passed OK.
Obviously, I am missing something. The port numbers seam to be OK, according to those tutorials.
What else should I check ?

Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV

Paul,

The JTAlert help file contains the setup instructions , they are very simple.

Likely you have Log4OM configured to directly interface with JTDX and it has taken exclusive control of the UDP server port preventing JTAlert from receiving the UDP data from JTDX. You posted error message indicates that you are not using multicast for the JTDX UDP server further suggesting that Log4OM is taking exclusive control of the UDP port.

I suggest you get the JTAlert - JTDX combination working first then bring Log4OM into the mix.

See the "WSJT-X / JTDX UDP Setup" topic. I strongly suggest you use a multicast IP address like 239.255.0.0
Followed by the "Settings -> Logging -> Log4OM V2" topic.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Paul F6EXV

Hi Laurie and all
I have followed the isntructions as per the help file, indeed very simple.
I think I got it working !
Next step will be to have the ling to Log4OM work too !
Thanks, Laurie + 73
Paul F6EXV

Le 14/10/2020 à 18:45, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) a écrit :
[...]

Garanti sans virus. www.avast.com

Paul F6EXV

Me again...
JTDX and JTAlert just by themselves work fine.
I had previously set up Logger32 to work with JTDX. That worked fine, with 2 different setups as I have 2 callsigns. In order for that setup to work as expected, I had to creat shortcuts with a note between double brakets (like this : "). Log4OM will not accept that extension, so it does not open the right file.
As soon as I launch Log4OM, JTAlert stops working with JTDX, and I get the same message as sent before. But I sti
In what way can Log4OM interfere ? How can I solve this ?
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV

Le 14/10/2020 à 20:56, Paul F6EXV a écrit :

[...]

I still do not manage... I am lost between all the udp addresses and ports.
Where should the 239.255.0.0 address be set ? JTAlert, JTDX (if so, where,primary, secondary...) Where in Log4OM ?

Is there any particupant to this forum using 2 different callsins in kind of a permanent use, and has all this configured so as to be able to change from one call to the other very easily ? If so, please contact me direct, in order to avoir bothering the group.