Color Changing

Dwight Bosselman

I am Sorry, I just posted this to the Beta group.

"Alert colors are where they have always been, under the Alerts in the main JTAlert Settings"

I think I have searched every where, maybe not, but please where do I find to change the background colors on the calls with no badges and the calls with the 73 badges?

thank you 73 Dwight NS9I

On 16/04/2021 8:59 am, Dwight Bosselman wrote:

Pse, Where can I cahnge these colors?

T U 73 Dwight NS9I

Yes!

Badges & Borders under the "Badges" section of the Options popup.

On 4/15/2021 7:08 PM, Dwight Bosselman wrote:
Pse, Where can I cahnge these colors?

T U 73 Dwight NS9I

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2021-04-18 4:21 PM, Dwight Bosselman wrote:
I think I have searched every where, maybe not, but please where do
I find to change the background colors on the calls with no badges
and the calls with the 73 badges?
Calls that do not generate an alert can not have their background
changed.

Calls that generate an alert (with or without a badge) take on the
background assigned for that alert.

Colors of the badges are set in the Options -> Badges of the Callsigns
Window.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

I am Sorry, I just posted this to the Beta group.
"Alert colors are where they have always been, under the Alerts in the main JTAlert Settings"
I think I have searched every where, maybe not, but please where do I find to change the background colors on the calls with no badges and the calls with the 73 badges?
thank you 73 Dwight NS9I
On 16/04/2021 8:59 am, Dwight Bosselman wrote:

Pse, Where can I cahnge these colors?

T U 73 Dwight NS9I
Yes!
Badges & Borders under the "Badges" section of the Options popup.
On 4/15/2021 7:08 PM, Dwight Bosselman wrote:
Pse, Where can I cahnge these colors?

T U 73 Dwight NS9I

Dwight Bosselman

Then why don't the alert for the 73 show up with that color instead of green? What am I missing?

Thanks 73 Dwight NS9I

On 2021-04-18 4:21 PM, Dwight Bosselman wrote:
[...]

a restart of JTA was required after the change.

73 Dwight NS9I

On 2021-04-18 4:21 PM, Dwight Bosselman wrote:
[...]

Well there must be a bug in the program. The first cycle it showed alright but soon there after the 73's background went back to green. Oh well! 73 Dwight NS9I

On 2021-04-18 4:21 PM, Dwight Bosselman wrote:
[...]

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 19/04/2021 6:21 am, Dwight Bosselman wrote:

I think I have searched every where, maybe not, but please where do I find to change the background colors on the calls with no badges and the calls with the 73 badges?

Apart from the new badges & borders, all Callsign "license plate" displays get their colors from the old JTAlert Settings window, including non-alerting callsigns.

Here's a test with the most inappropriate color chosen for non-alerts

Look under "Alerts -> Miscellaneous Alerts -> No Alert" section of the Settings window.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Dwight Bosselman

Okay thank you Laurie

I'm sorry but when I changed that background where you mentioned, everything remained Green.

Restarting JTA the first cycle showed what I changed it to but then following, it went back to green.

73 Dwight

On 2021-04-18 4:45 PM, Dwight Bosselman wrote:
Then why don't the alert for the 73 show up with that color instead of
green? What am I missing?
What shows up in green? The callsign background or the badge?

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-04-18 4:21 PM, Dwight Bosselman wrote:
[...]

Which of your alerts use a green background? Are you sure the calls
involved don't match that alert?

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-04-18 4:21 PM, Dwight Bosselman wrote:
[...]

Only Two, CQ, third one down, and, Continent and I just changed that to yellow.

After restarting JTA and wsjt-x, now they are all yellow. even the CQ's that are set to green.

On 2021-04-18 4:21 PM, Dwight Bosselman wrote:
[...]

It looks like now, Miscellaneous Alerts is the only one to change the background colors. or Wanted Continent and it changes them all to the same. ;-)

On 2021-04-18 4:21 PM, Dwight Bosselman wrote:
[...]

Sounds like those are alerting as "Wanted Continent" ... figure out why.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-04-18 4:21 PM, Dwight Bosselman wrote:
[...]

I've worked every continent on every band slot and mode - ;-) Only need Crozet and P5 for DXCC ;-)

On 2021-04-18 4:21 PM, Dwight Bosselman wrote:
[...]

Then I'd turn off the Continent alert and see what happens.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-04-18 4:21 PM, Dwight Bosselman wrote:
[...]

I did that, changed no alerts to white background and black lettering.

CQ comes out Green as wanted.

Live and let live as is I guess.

T U Joe and Laurie 73 Dwight NS9I