locked Closing JTAlert On Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Ronald Ford

First thank you for the update.  I have been using the new version for some time and the new call display is great.  I do have an issue I'm not sure how to resolve.  When I close JT Alert the program closes like it has in the past...however the Icon shows it is still open in the Task Bar.  I can right click on the icon and close select close and it closes.  It seems like there is a second something opening when I start JT Alert and when I close it it does not close. In previous versions of the software I have not had this issue occur.

If this has been discussed in the past please forgive my post.  I checked previous posting and saw some post that may have the same issue as me but I was not sure.  I have checked all of the setting on the gear icon and have tried several settings but nothing I tried resolved my issue of the icon not closing on exit.

73, Ronald - W4RJF

Dave Garber

Make sure folllow jtalert is checked.  I beleive it will make the second window close at the same time

On Sun., May 16, 2021, 9:33 a.m. Ronald Ford, <rjf802@...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks Dave...I did have it checked but for some reason the second window will not close when I close JT Alert.

Ronnie

Ronald Ford

I realize the icon is indicating a second instance of JT Alert...but I only use on instance of JT Alert at any given time.  It seems there should be a setting that would prohibit a second instance from starting.

73, Ronald

Dave Garber

must be something    which jtalert window are you closing first   the callsigns window, or the main log window ( do this first)   maybe you are closing the wrong one?

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Sun, May 16, 2021 at 9:51 AM Ronald Ford <rjf802@...> wrote:
Thanks Dave...I did have it checked but for some reason the second window will not close when I close JT Alert.

Ronnie

Phil Cooper

Hi all,

My thoughts too....
You should be closing the main JTAlert window (the one where you add name, QTH etc).
You should have no need to close any other windows, assuming you have JTAlert set to open what you need.

73 de Phil GU0SUP

On Sun, May 16, 2021 at 9:51 AM Ronald Ford <rjf802@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks Dave...I did have it checked but for some reason the second window
will not close when I close JT Alert.

Ronnie

Ronald Ford

OK this may be operator error but this is what I found...

If I use the X on JTAlert to close the program the 2nd instance of JTAlert does not close.  If I go to the task bar and right click and select Close Window the program will close as expected.  So I guess I have been closing the window incorrectly....at least I know what is going on now.  Phil and Dave thanks for the comments....

73, Ronnie

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 16/05/2021 10:47 pm, Ronald Ford wrote:
[...]

You're closing the Callsigns window, but not the primary JTAlert window which controls all the child windows  like the Callsigns window. Simply close the main JTAlert window, the old style wide horizontal window, and all the child windows will be closed automatically.

In your other messages you referred to the remaining taskbar entry, which is the primary window, as the second instance. It is not a second JTAlert instance. If it was a true second instance, you would have been presented with a popup window advising that it was waiting for a second instance of WSJT-X to start.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Ronald Ford

Thanks for the explanation Laurie...almost 70 years old and still learning...take care...
Ronald, W4RJF