From: geoff wiggins via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2021 12:11
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: [HamApps] Clicking on callsign fails to initiate wsjt-x

Just started to use digi modes after a few weeks break and I find that
clicking on the callsign in the JTAlert window no longer initiates a qso.

Using 2.16.17 and wsjt-x 2.3.0

Any ideas why this should be? I checked the group msgs and noted that
there was a bug that caused this a few years ago but it's not that.

73 Geoff.

geoff wiggins

Yes

73 Geoff.

On 10/04/2021 17:17, Larry Banks via groups.io wrote:
Are you clicking on stations that are calling CQ?

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

-----Original Message----- From: geoff wiggins via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2021 12:11
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io

Just started to use digi modes after a few weeks break and I find that
clicking on the callsign in the JTAlert window no longer initiates a qso.

Using 2.16.17 and wsjt-x 2.3.0

Any ideas why this should be? I checked the group msgs and noted that
there was a bug that caused this a few years ago but it's not that.

73 Geoff.

geoff wiggins

Sorry my error, having changed to wsjt-x 2.3.1 and then gone back to 2.3.0 because there is a problem with 2.3.1, I hadn't noticed that the UDP server settings were unchecked. All ok now.

Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2021 12:11
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io

Just started to use digi modes after a few weeks break and I find that
clicking on the callsign in the JTAlert window no longer initiates a qso.

Using 2.16.17 and wsjt-x 2.3.0

Any ideas why this should be? I checked the group msgs and noted that
there was a bug that caused this a few years ago but it's not that.

73 Geoff.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 11/04/2021 3:15 am, geoff wiggins via groups.io wrote:
Sorry my error, having changed to wsjt-x 2.3.1 and then gone back to 2.3.0 because there is a problem with 2.3.1, I hadn't noticed that the UDP server settings were unchecked. All ok now.

73 Geoff.

I have seen a lot (too many) of these problems recently. For some reason, the existing UDP Server checkboxes are getting cleared following a new WSJT-X install.

de Laurie VK3AMA