Topics

locked Click to respond

bill@...

JTAlert is great.  But it would be even better if you could click on an alerted call sign to initiate a WSJT-X response.  I find i am usually too slow to enter the information into WSJT-X manually.  Is an automatic response feasible?

Michael Black

It works if they are calling CQ.

All you have to do is click on the call slot.

If you want to tail end somebody you can click on them to fill in the messages and then click Enable in WSJT-X.

Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, December 16, 2020, 05:38:21 PM CST, <bill@...> wrote:

JTAlert is great.  But it would be even better if you could click on an alerted call sign to initiate a WSJT-X response.  I find i am usually too slow to enter the information into WSJT-X manually.  Is an automatic response feasible?

bill@...

Mike:

Thanks for your response.

Doesn’t work for me – I’ll try again.

73, Bill K2HRT

All you have to do is click on the call slot.

If you want to tail end somebody you can click on them to fill in the messages and then click Enable in WSJT-X.

Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, December 16, 2020, 05:38:21 PM CST, <bill@...> wrote:

JTAlert is great.  But it would be even better if you could click on an alerted call sign to initiate a WSJT-X response.  I find i am usually too slow to enter the information into WSJT-X manually.  Is an automatic response feasible?

g4wjs

Hi Bill,

make sure you have the WSJT-X option "Settings->Reporting->UDP Server->Accept UDP requests" checked.

73
Bill
G4WJS.

On 17/12/2020 13:18, W.J. Riley wrote:
Mike:

Thanks for your response.

Doesn’t work for me – I’ll try again.

73, Bill K2HRT

All you have to do is click on the call slot.

If you want to tail end somebody you can click on them to fill in the messages and then click Enable in WSJT-X.

Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, December 16, 2020, 05:38:21 PM CST, <bill@...> wrote:

JTAlert is great.  But it would be even better if you could click on an alerted call sign to initiate a WSJT-X response.  I find i am usually too slow to enter the information into WSJT-X manually.  Is an automatic response feasible?

Bill
G4WJS.

W.J. Riley <bill@...>

Bill: