Topics

locked Check sound works just find, but I receive no audio alerts.

John K9JMS

Everything seems to be working just fine. It shows when a state I need, etc. comes up in WSJT-X, but I do not receive any audio alert. Sound is on and like I mentioned in the heading, the alert works when I do a sound test. I am using the internal audio card, so I hear it through the laptop speakers, and t doesn't seem to be interfering with the USB sound link to the radio. Is there a toggle somewhere I forgot to turn on??

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 28/10/2020 10:48 am, John Sokol wrote:
Everything seems to be working just fine. It shows when a state I need, etc. comes up in WSJT-X, but I do not receive any audio alert. Sound is on and like I mentioned in the heading, the alert works when I do a sound test. I am using the internal audio card, so I hear it through the laptop speakers, and t doesn't seem to be interfering with the USB sound link to the radio. Is there a toggle somewhere I forgot to turn on??

Check you have an actual sound file set for the State Alert.

de Laurie VK3AMA

John K9JMS

Not really sure where to do that.  I have searched all the setting I think.

neil_zampella

Under each ALERT setting, there are the various alert options, but at the bottom is a way to attach a sound to the alert.   If you have not done so, it will not cause a sound to be heard.

Even if you see an entry there, I would click on the CLEAR button, then click on the DEFAULT button to reset the sound file.

This does presuppose you have downloaded the Sound Files from the HAMAPPS.com website.

Neil, KN3ILZ