locked Cannot select a call in the display matrix

Stephen Walls

I have a new install  W10 Lenovo 12" laptop.

Loaded current wsjt-X and JTAlert  2.16.17.      I am running 2.16.3 on my main ham PC.

I cannot click on a call in the matrix and populate wsjt-x with the .17 version,   .3 version works perfectly.

I also see considerably less choices and setup options in  .17   compared to  .3.

What do I need to do to get the 'click and select' process working ???

Thanks,    Steve  K4ELI

neil_zampella

Did you check to make sure all the UDP boxes are checked in WSJT-X?  There were many changes in JT-Alert v2.16.3 to handle the faster FT8 decodes, along with multicast IP addresses, and so on.

You didn't mention what you mean by 'considerably less choices'?   Laurie has not removed (as far as I can remember) any alerts, in fact has added new ones.  Could you be more specific?

Neil, KN3ILZ

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 21/03/2021 4:19 am, Stephen Walls wrote:
Loaded current wsjt-X and JTAlert  2.16.17.      I am running 2.16.3 on my main ham PC.

I cannot click on a call in the matrix and populate wsjt-x with the .17 version,   .3 version works perfectly.

I also see considerably less choices and setup options in  .17   compared to  .3.

What do I need to do to get the 'click and select' process working ???

Thanks,    Steve  K4ELI

Likely you don't have the WSJT-X UDP Server settings correct, specifically, "Accept UDP requests" is not enabled.

I don't follow your assertion that there are less setup options in 2.16.17 compared to 2.16.3. Typically it is the other way around, with each new JTAlert release adding additional settings and functionality. What specifically is missing?

de Laurie VK3AMA