Topics

locked Cannot Install

Ray Coles

I am an ancient Ham, not an IT genius. Some few years ago I installed JTAlert after discovering that McAfee killed it but Avast didn’t.

I use JTAlert and like it a lot, BUT I recently had to do a Windows Reset and have now had to re-install JTAlert.

Now it’s Avast that rejects it.

Don’t worry, I totally trust JTAlert, but that doesn’t help if it can’t be installed.

I have tried to interact with Avast but I cannot find a way to allow JTAlert to install.

Unless somebody can tell me a simple way to get over this barrier I forsee a life without JTAlert is looming.

HELP!

Ray Coles C.Eng M0XDL

10 Littlemoor Road,

Weymouth, Dorset, UK.

Tel: +44(0)1305 833699

Mob:07831 516517

Ray,

Just tell Avast to ignore it.  Here is how:

How to make Avast ignore a file?

You can make avast ignore a folder or file. Open avast. Go to settings>active protection>file system shield gear. Go to the exclusions tab. Add the file or folder you want to exclude and select when kind of exclusions you want.

HowTo : Make file agent ignore a program - Avast

forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=147067.0

73’s

Dave

KA3PMW