locked Cannot get JT Alert to communicate with WSJT-X in New Installation #FT8

wmmcc@...

I am going nuts, and certain I am overlooking something quite simple.  Have Alert working on other machines, but not with this new install.
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, all updates current as of 3/2/21
WSJT-X 2.3.0
Settings:  
JT-Alert Ver 2.16.17
WSJT-X Settings:

When I launch Alert with WSJT-x running fine, Alert freezes and has to be closed.  No information displayed.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Bill
KK4C

g4wjs

On 04/03/2021 02:13, wmmcc via groups.io wrote:
I am going nuts, and certain I am overlooking something quite simple.  Have Alert working on other machines, but not with this new install.
WSJT-X 2.3.0
Settings:
JT-Alert Ver 2.16.17
WSJT-X Settings:

When I launch Alert with WSJT-x running fine, Alert freezes and has to be closed.  No information displayed.

Bill
KK4C
Hi Bill,

have you checked the JTAlert "Menu->Settings->WSJT-X UDP Multicast on Loopback" option?

--
Bill
G4WJS.

Michael Black

Turn off the "Resend" in JTAlert.

Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 08:13:26 PM CST, wmmcc via groups.io <wmmcc@...> wrote:

WSJT-X 2.3.0
Settings:  
JT-Alert Ver 2.16.17
WSJT-X Settings:

Bill
KK4C

wmmcc@...

Thanks to you both for responding.  

Michael, I did as you suggest and it has made no difference.  JTAlert still hangs up with no communication from WSJT-X.

Bill, I have checked the "Menu->Settings->WSJT-X UDP Multicast on Loopback" setting. No change.

Still going nuts!

Thanks....

Bill
KK4C

g4wjs

On 04/03/2021 11:14, wmmcc via groups.io wrote:

Michael, I did as you suggest and it has made no difference.  JTAlert still hangs up with no communication from WSJT-X.

Bill, I have checked the "Menu->Settings->WSJT-X UDP Multicast on Loopback" setting. No change. Still going nuts! Thanks.... Bill KK4C

Hi Bill,

make sure that neither WSJT-X nor JTAlert are running with Administrator rights.

Bill
G4WJS.

--
Bill
G4WJS.

Michael Black

Hi Bill,

Contact me off list and I can help you.

Mike W9MDB

On Thursday, March 4, 2021, 05:14:55 AM CST, wmmcc via groups.io <wmmcc@...> wrote:

Bill, I have checked the "Menu->Settings->WSJT-X UDP Multicast on Loopback" setting. No change.

Still going nuts!

Thanks....

Bill
KK4C

wmmcc@...

Problem solved with help from Mike.

Thanks so much, Mike!

Bill

g4wjs

On 05/03/2021 19:51, wmmcc via groups.io wrote:
Problem solved with help from Mike.

Thanks so much, Mike!

Bill
Hi Bill,

please pass on the fix so others can find the solution.

--
Bill
G4WJS.

Michael Black

The fix was starting a new configuration for JTAlert -- his old one was apparently corrupt.

Had to rebuild his HRD database too as JTAlert was getting stuck reading records (infinite loop that has plagued a few people due to some corruption of the MDB database).

Mike W9MDB

On Friday, March 5, 2021, 01:53:30 PM CST, g4wjs <bill.8@...> wrote:

> Problem solved with help from Mike.
>
> Thanks so much, Mike!
>
> Bill

Hi Bill,

--
Bill
G4WJS.

g4wjs

Thanks Mike!

On 05/03/2021 20:34, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
The fix was starting a new configuration for JTAlert -- his old one was apparently corrupt.

Had to rebuild his HRD database too as JTAlert was getting stuck reading records (infinite loop that has plagued a few people due to some corruption of the MDB database).

Mike W9MDB

On Friday, March 5, 2021, 01:53:30 PM CST, g4wjs <bill.8@...> wrote:

> Problem solved with help from Mike.
>
> Thanks so much, Mike!
>
> Bill

Hi Bill,

--
Bill
G4WJS.

--
Bill
G4WJS.