locked Cannot get JT Alert to communicate with WSJT-X in New Installation #FT8

wmmcc@...

I am going nuts, and certain I am overlooking something quite simple.  Have Alert working on other machines, but not with this new install.
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, all updates current as of 3/2/21
WSJT-X 2.3.0
Settings:
JT-Alert Ver 2.16.17
WSJT-X Settings:

When I launch Alert with WSJT-x running fine, Alert freezes and has to be closed.  No information displayed.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Bill
KK4C

g4wjs

On 04/03/2021 02:13, wmmcc via groups.io wrote:
I am going nuts, and certain I am overlooking something quite simple.  Have Alert working on other machines, but not with this new install.
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, all updates current as of 3/2/21
WSJT-X 2.3.0
Settings:
JT-Alert Ver 2.16.17
WSJT-X Settings:

When I launch Alert with WSJT-x running fine, Alert freezes and has to be closed.  No information displayed.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Bill
KK4C
Hi Bill,

have you checked the JTAlert "Menu->Settings->WSJT-X UDP Multicast on Loopback" option?

Bill
G4WJS.

Michael Black

Turn off the "Resend" in JTAlert.

Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 08:13:26 PM CST, wmmcc via groups.io <wmmcc@...> wrote:

I am going nuts, and certain I am overlooking something quite simple.  Have Alert working on other machines, but not with this new install.
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, all updates current as of 3/2/21
WSJT-X 2.3.0
Settings:
JT-Alert Ver 2.16.17
WSJT-X Settings:

When I launch Alert with WSJT-x running fine, Alert freezes and has to be closed.  No information displayed.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Bill
KK4C

wmmcc@...

Thanks to you both for responding.

Michael, I did as you suggest and it has made no difference.  JTAlert still hangs up with no communication from WSJT-X.

Bill, I have checked the "Menu->Settings->WSJT-X UDP Multicast on Loopback" setting. No change.

Still going nuts!

Thanks....

Bill
KK4C

g4wjs

On 04/03/2021 11:14, wmmcc via groups.io wrote:
Thanks to you both for responding.

Michael, I did as you suggest and it has made no difference.  JTAlert still hangs up with no communication from WSJT-X.

Bill, I have checked the "Menu->Settings->WSJT-X UDP Multicast on Loopback" setting. No change. Still going nuts! Thanks.... Bill KK4C

Hi Bill,

make sure that neither WSJT-X nor JTAlert are running with Administrator rights.

73
Bill
G4WJS.

Bill
G4WJS.

Michael Black

Hi Bill,

Contact me off list and I can help you.

Mike W9MDB

On Thursday, March 4, 2021, 05:14:55 AM CST, wmmcc via groups.io <wmmcc@...> wrote:

Thanks to you both for responding.

Michael, I did as you suggest and it has made no difference.  JTAlert still hangs up with no communication from WSJT-X.

Bill, I have checked the "Menu->Settings->WSJT-X UDP Multicast on Loopback" setting. No change.

Still going nuts!

Thanks....

Bill
KK4C

wmmcc@...

Problem solved with help from Mike.

Thanks so much, Mike!

Bill

g4wjs

On 05/03/2021 19:51, wmmcc via groups.io wrote:
Problem solved with help from Mike.

Thanks so much, Mike!

Bill
Hi Bill,

please pass on the fix so others can find the solution.

Bill
G4WJS.

Michael Black

The fix was starting a new configuration for JTAlert -- his old one was apparently corrupt.

Had to rebuild his HRD database too as JTAlert was getting stuck reading records (infinite loop that has plagued a few people due to some corruption of the MDB database).

Mike W9MDB

On Friday, March 5, 2021, 01:53:30 PM CST, g4wjs <bill.8@...> wrote:

On 05/03/2021 19:51, wmmcc via groups.io wrote:
> Problem solved with help from Mike.
>
> Thanks so much, Mike!
>
> Bill

Hi Bill,

please pass on the fix so others can find the solution.

Bill
G4WJS.

g4wjs

Thanks Mike!