Topics

Can't Access JT-Alert after new install

Gregg Schulz

I have been having issues with JX-Alert not sending logs to HRD.  I reinstalled it but when i have started the program, I see the icon in the system tray at the bottom of my screen and I can hover my mouse icon over it and see it, but when I click on it to show the program, nothing happens.  Its like it is tied into the waterfall screen on JTDX as I can see a shadow of it when I hover over the tray icon.  I can't figure how to fix this so I can get to the file and setting menu in JT-Alert to fix my logging issue. Thanks.  Gregg

Dave Garber

did you used to have another monitor??
Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 7:29 PM <W9awx1@...> wrote:
I have been having issues with JX-Alert not sending logs to HRD.  I reinstalled it but when i have started the program, I see the icon in the system tray at the bottom of my screen and I can hover my mouse icon over it and see it, but when I click on it to show the program, nothing happens.  Its like it is tied into the waterfall screen on JTDX as I can see a shadow of it when I hover over the tray icon.  I can't figure how to fix this so I can get to the file and setting menu in JT-Alert to fix my logging issue. Thanks.  Gregg

Gregg Schulz

No new monitor.

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 18/10/2020 10:25 am, W9awx1@... wrote:
I see the icon in the system tray at the bottom of my screen and I can hover my mouse icon over it and see it, but when I click on it to show the program, nothing happens.
Sounds like the JTTAlert window is placed off-screen. A common problem with Windows such that Windows has mechanisms built in to bring the windows back. Do a Google search on "Recovering off-screen window". You will get many millions of search results (that's how common this problem is).

de Laurie VK3AMA