Topics

locked Can /MM (maritime mobile) be ignored for DXCC purposes?

Jim Reisert AD1C

I have a mismatch between WSJT-X and JTAlert-X. WSJT-X is telling me
I need F/France on 15m. JTAlert-X says I do not. I found that the
discrepancy is because I worked F5MYK/MM on 15m a while back. This
should not count for DXCC, yet JTAlert-X thinks it does.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@...>, https://www.ad1c.us

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 21/10/2020 4:13 am, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
I have a mismatch between WSJT-X and JTAlert-X.  WSJT-X is telling me
I need F/France on 15m. JTAlert-X says I do not.  I found that the
discrepancy is because I worked F5MYK/MM on 15m a while back.  This
should not count for DXCC, yet JTAlert-X thinks it does.

73 - Jim AD1C

JTAlert does ignore /MM stations with respect to dxcc, continent and zones. As such it will not generate alerts for these when the decoded station is signing /MM. The exception is if your running a very old (pre 2.16.5) version of JTAlert.

If wsjt-x is telling you that F5MYK/MM is need for France, that is wrong. JTAlert would not be alerting F5MYK/MM as a needed dxcc as the dxcc is unknown. If you have the country names displayed below the callsigns you will see that JTAlert does not identify the country. Similarly, the Decodes window will not show dxcc, continent or zone information for F5MYK/MM.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jim Reisert AD1C

I am running version 2.16.14.

It seems like the ADIF Export from DX4WIN includes the DXCC Prefix in
the output, even for /MM stations. I'll have to fix this and rebuild.