locked Callsigns RR73/73 Decodes

Barry

Is it possible to include all RR73 or 73 not just the ones with your call in them say in panel No-2 ? eg window (Panel) No-2 RR73/73 decodes.
Or is it possible to add more selections, like  All RR73, All 73 and ALL RR73/73.

VK2AHE  Barry.

Michael Black

Ask an ye shall receive...right-click the hamburger menu in the Alerts Only window and pick View type.
Mike W9MDB

Inline image

On Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 04:43:33 AM CDT, Barry <barry@...> wrote:

Is it possible to include all RR73 or 73 not just the ones with your call in them say in panel No-2 ? eg window (Panel) No-2 RR73/73 decodes.
Or is it possible to add more selections, like  All RR73, All 73 and ALL RR73/73.

VK2AHE  Barry.

Barry

Hi Mike,
I have already setup that window up and it does not put RR73 or 73 in unless they have just made a contact with you.
What I am looking for is all RR73 that are decoded on that time slot.
I find it is a easy way to see who I can call next if there is no one calling CQ?

I would like more selections, like  All RR73 decodes, All 73 decodes and ALL RR73/73 decodes.

VK2AHE Barry

Bill Barrett

Hello Barry-

Are you using the latest JTAlert? The callsigns window "Green Circles" spots with 73.

Hope this helps.

Bill W2PKY

On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 6:47 PM Barry <barry@...> wrote:
Hi Mike,
I have already setup that window up and it does not put RR73 or 73 in unless they have just made a contact with you.
What I am looking for is all RR73 that are decoded on that time slot.
I find it is a easy way to see who I can call next if there is no one calling CQ?

I would like more selections, like  All RR73 decodes, All 73 decodes and ALL RR73/73 decodes.

VK2AHE Barry

Jim Cooper

On 21 Sep 2021 at 15:47, Barry wrote:

I would like more selections, like *All RR73* decodes, *All 73*
decodes and *ALL RR73/73* decodes.
on my setup, any call that appears in the 'all calls' window
has an icon that 'glows' when they send 73 or RR73 ...
seems to me that is quite sufficient, since if you can't see
them you wont know if they see you anyway.

Barry

Hi Bill,
Yes I am using the latest software.
On this example there is no display in the four windows?

I cannot see any RR73 or 73 in any of my decode windows?

VK2AHE Barry

Bill Barrett

WSJT-X Decode Highlighting: "73" or "RR73" decode highlighting no longer require the CQ Alert to be enabled. A dedicated setting is now available. See the "Applications -> WSJT-X / JTDX" section of the Settings window. Note: This and other color highlighting is not available for JTDX.

On 21 Sep 2021 at 16:58, Barry wrote:

Yes I am using the latest software.
On this example there is no display in the four windows?

I cannot see any RR73 or 73 in any of my decode windows?
in your Callsigns #1 window, click the gear or F2 key
for settings ... Badges ... select how you want them
to display.

Barry

Hi Jim,
In Badges there is no RR73, 73 is there and I have setup the colours?
In my photo why is there only CD calls in "ALL DECODES? no RR73 or 73? or working station, that maybe the problem.
and why if I have a window for RR73/73 they will not display?

VK2AHE Barry

Jim Cooper

On 21 Sep 2021 at 18:09, Barry wrote:

> In my photo why is there only CD
> calls in "ALL DECODES? no RR73 or 73?
> or working station, that maybe the
> problem. and why if I have a window
> for RR73/73 they will not display?

graphic

VA2MKX sent RR73
graphic
JTalert shows the 73 'badge' in the
Callsigns #1 window ...  RR73 and 73 are
FUNCTIONALLY the same -- the station
is signing off and ready for you to call them;
no reason for two different badges.

Jim Cooper

On 22 Sep 2021 at 11:38, TPG wrote:

> I am running 2.2.156 and here is the window again.

Well, first of all that is an ANCIENT version
of JTalert !!!

The current version is  2.50.6

You cant expect all the new bells and whistles
if you insist on running antiques.

Second of all, what is your setup for the badges?
Here is mine --

graphic
Notice the 73 badge is turned on ... "show badge"

Jim Cooper

On 22 Sep 2021 at 12:00, TPG wrote:

You are right but why is no 73 call
(or any other than CQ) coming up in
any of my Callsigns windows( All, CQ
yes only CQ orRR73/73?
because you are using a very old version
of JTalert and it was not provided in that
version ...

Install the proper current version 2.50.6
and set up the BADGES settings to "Show 73"
and it will work just fine.

Barry

Hi Jim,
Sorry first I am running 2.50.6 JTalert and 2.2.156 JTDX.
My setup.

As you can see only CQ's are shown in Callsigns #1?

VK2AHE Barry

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 22/09/2021 9:58 am, Barry wrote:
Hi Bill,
Yes I am using the latest software.
On this example there is no display in the four windows?

I cannot see any RR73 or 73 in any of my decode windows?

VK2AHE Barry

That image shows me that only CQ decodes are getting passed from the main JTAlert window, which does all the alerting and decoding, to the new Callsigns window, which display the results.

You have  the "Show CQ only Callsigns" filter enabled under the "Alerts -> Filters" menu. You need to turn that off.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jim Cooper

On 21 Sep 2021 at 19:33, Barry wrote:

Sorry first I am running 2.50.6 JTalert and 2.2.156 JTDX.
OK, I previously asked you what version of
JTalert were you running and you told me 2.2.156 ...

I am not at all familiar with JTDX so I can't answer
how JTalert responds to that.

My setup.

As you can see only CQ's are shown in Callsigns #1?
The JTDX decodes in your picture do not seem to
match the Callsigns displayed in JTalert, so I can't
make much correlation on that. Either there is some
feature(s) that don't work with JTDX [it has been
pointed out many times that the 'authors' who made
the modifications of JTDX have stripped many features
out of the original WSJT-X] or there is something lacking
in your BADGES setup ... Since I asked you clearly to send
me a picture of your BADGES setup page and you have not,
there's not much more I can say on that.

It seems I've extended my responses to the limit of
what I'm familiar with, so any further support will have
to come from Laurie himself.

Just an aside and suggestion:

In your Decodes 2.50.6 window, you might want to add
a column at the far left which shows the "Directed CQs"
at a glance ... it shows not only regions and directions, but
anything else the station puts in their CQ call ... such as
POTA, SOTA, IOTA etc. (and with the special alerts you
can alert on any one or more of those).

Jim w2jc

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 22/09/2021 12:33 pm, Barry wrote:
As you can see only CQ's are shown in Callsigns #1

Take note of the "[Filtered]" in the Callsigns window status bar.

You're only displaying a filtered feed of the decodes coming from the main JTAlert window. You need to turn of the "CQ only" filter.
See my previous message here... https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/37224

de Laurie VK3AMA

Barry

Hi All,
I went into settings and I did not have a tick in CQ only but I did have one in the first one -show only callsigns generating alerts.
So I unticked it and also ticked than unticked just in case CQ only and now all is working.

Thank you all for all the help you gave me.

VK2AHE Barry