locked Callsign Window Not Activating Transmit

Brad Garber

I used to be able to initiate a contact by clicking or double clicking a CQing callsign in the Callsign window.  This no longer works for me.  I am running 2.50.1  Any suggestions for a fix?

Thanks

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 1/06/2021 8:31 pm, Brad Garber wrote:
I used to be able to initiate a contact by clicking or double clicking a CQing callsign in the Callsign window.  This no longer works for me.  I am running 2.50.1  Any suggestions for a fix?

You need to have the "Accept UDP requests" enabled in wsjtx settings -> reporting tab.

I contacted him and he didn't have the "Double-click on call sets Tx enable" turned on in WSJT-X.    It was a new computer setup and he missed that one.

Not sure why that isn't the default setting.

Mike W9DMB

On 2/06/2021 1:14 am, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
It was a new computer setup and he missed that one.

Not sure why that isn't the default setting.

Mike W9DMB

Probably for the same reason that "Accept UDP requests" is off by default. I guess.
I am seriously considering implementing a popup warning if JTAlert detects that "Accept UDP requests" is turned off. And before someone complains, the popup would have a "Don't remind me of this again" checkbox.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Mike N8FRI

Laurie,
That would be a great addition as many of the questions from new users are for that very problem. It would certainly free up much of your time. By the way, I have been anxiously waiting to try the latest version and love the new features. My Yaesu was in for repairs for the last 6 weeks and I just got it back last week. So I have been on an FT8 high. As a continuous user since inception, I am amazed at how this program just keeps getting better. Kudos to you Laurie and your support persons!
Mike N8FRI