locked Callsign window in v2.50.0 #FT8

Chris Levingston

I am using WSJT-X v2.4.0 and JTAlert v2.16.4.

I recently upgraded to JTAlert v2.50.0 but I can't see the Callsigns window, which is really frustrating.

Clicking on the View menu brings up the View menu but then but clicking on the stars for F3, F5, F11 and F12 does not work, nor does pressing the function keys.
The others work.
I have gone back to 2.16.4 until I can find a fix.

This has gone back a page so Laurie may not have seen it after suggesting a fix that I had already done (and we had a long weekend since I posted), so I have re-posted.

73s,

Chris    VK5SA

PS Many thanks to Laurie for all of his work on a great program!

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 15/06/2021 3:57 pm, Chris Levingston wrote:
I am using WSJT-X v2.4.0 and JTAlert v2.16.4.

I recently upgraded to JTAlert v2.50.0 but I can't see the Callsigns window, which is really frustrating.

Clicking on the View menu brings up the View menu but then but clicking on the stars for F3, F5, F11 and F12 does not work, nor does pressing the function keys.
The others work.
I have gone back to 2.16.4 until I can find a fix.

This has gone back a page so Laurie may not have seen it after suggesting a fix that I had already done (and we had a long weekend since I posted), so I have re-posted.

73s,

Chris    VK5SA

Why did you rollback so far to 2.16.4? You only needed to go back to 2.16.17 to avoid the current issues with the new .NET 5.0.7 runtime security patch.

Al the windows you listed as non-opening are handled by the JTAlertV2.Manager.exe process. If it is not running you will not be able to see those windows. The Manager process for JTAlert 2.50.x is closing due to memory violation errors as a result of the recent .NET 5.0.7 runtime security patch. The fix is to uninstall 5.0.7 and reinstall 5.0.6 of the runtime.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Wayne N4GIL

I just updated to v2.50.0.  Now the "Callsigns Window" shows on the screen, however, it is very small.  I have not found a way to make it larger.
Using F3 I can close and open the "Callsigns Window".  It always shows very small.  Is there an easy fix for this?  Thanks de N4GIL / Wayne.

Chuck Adams

N4GIL / Wayne

You can change the size of this screen via the built-in zoom function.

Simply hold Control key and then move the Scroll Wheel.

Easy.

I just updated to v2.50.0.  Now the "Callsigns Window" shows on the screen, however, it is very small.  I have not found a way to make it larger.
Using F3 I can close and open the "Callsigns Window".  It always shows very small.  Is there an easy fix for this?  Thanks de N4GIL / Wayne.

Jim N6VH

On 6/29/2021 10:59 AM, Wayne N4GIL via groups.io wrote:
I just updated to v2.50.0.  Now the "Callsigns Window" shows on the screen, however, it is very small.  I have not found a way to make it larger.
Using F3 I can close and open the "Callsigns Window".  It always shows very small.  Is there an easy fix for this?  Thanks de N4GIL / Wayne.
_._,_._,_

Wayne,

In order to resize the entire window, in the Callsigns window, at the lower right, click the settings cog. Then, make certain "Size locked" is NOT checked.

73,

Jim N6VH

Wayne N4GIL

Thanks for the info.  However, I cannot get to the setting cog.  The box is terribly small.

Not sure how to make it larger to adjust the settings.  I've attached a clip of this box.  Thanks.

Joe Subich, W4TV

Activate (select) the Callsigns window by clicking any place in
the window and then press F2 (settings). That will open the settings
window. Uncheck "Size Locked", then grab any corner with your mouse
and drag the window to the size you want.

See: Help -> Open JTAlert 2.50 Features Help File (RTFM)

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-06-29 9:21 PM, Wayne N4GIL via groups.io wrote:
Thanks for the info.  However, I cannot get to the setting cog.  The box is terribly small.
Not sure how to make it larger to adjust the settings.  I've attached a clip of this box.  Thanks.

Wayne N4GIL

Hello Joe.
Thanks, that worked!
I'm not sure how I created this issue. Guess I need to quit tinkering.  :)
Thanks again. 73 de N4GIL / Wayne

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 30/06/2021 6:15 am, Jim N6VH wrote:

In order to resize the entire window, in the Callsigns window, at the lower right, click the settings cog. Then, make certain "Size locked" is NOT checked.

73,

Jim N6VH

And if the Cog is not visible, make the window active by clicking it then use the F2 key. The F2 key is universal across all JTAlert windows for opening the Settings window or Options popups.

de Laurie VK3AMA

philp51

TNX much for your help. That did the trick.. 73..Phil W8PP