locked Callsign window gone after update to 2.5.3

W9WO

Hello to all.
 I just updated from 2.5.0 to 2.5.3 and now the decoded callsigns window is gone. It used to be just above the actual JTAlert window. WSJT-X is decoding fine. I've done several updates in the past and don't ever remember having this issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Tnx. Darrell W9WO

W9WO

Correction. 2.50.3 and not 2.5.3.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 13/07/2021 10:25 am, W9WO wrote:
 I just updated from 2.5.0 to 2.5.3 and now the decoded callsigns window is gone. It used to be just above the actual JTAlert window. WSJT-X is decoding fine. I've done several updates in the past and don't ever remember having this issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Tnx. Darrell W9WO

Since yours was a 2.50.0 upgrade, I suspect an incompatible NET 5.0.x Desktop Runtime.

Starting with JTAlert 2.50.1 the installer is distributed as separate 32bit and 64bit versions. You need to ensure that the NET 5.0.x Desktop runtime you have installed matches the JTAlert installer, both need to be 64bit(x64) or 32bit(x86), they cannot be different.

See this message https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/35794

Do any of the other 2.50.x windows open? See the "star icon" entries under the main window "View" menu.

de Laurie VK3AMA

W9WO

Hello Laurie

 I've confirmed that I have windows 10 64 bit and I downloaded The .net 5.0 64 bit desktop version as instructed from the top of the JTAlert download page. Yes some of the other star icon options would open but very slow to do so. I can't remember which ones would open. I've been lost without JTAlert and with the 6 meter band being open here today I reverted back to version 2.50.0 and now have my callsign window back and working.
My antivirus is Kaspersky Total Security and has never been a problem with JTAlert. I looked and cannot see where it has blocked anything required with the new .net file and JTAlert 2.50.3. So I'm still at a loss??
Thanks for your assistance in hopefully resolving my issue.

73,
Darrell W9WO

Nick Collova

I also lost the call window with the latest update. My .net version is correct and rolling back to the last release of Jtalert fixed the problem

Other issue noted with the latest release was very sluggish menu response time

Will be following this thread for a fix.

Thanks to all.

KC2OUV
Nick

Robert Woltag

I am having the same issue.  Following..

W9WO

Laurie.

 Based on your suggestion of people having problems with 2.50.3 to revert back to 2.50.2 got me to thinking. I went from 2.50.0 to 2.50.3. As previously mentioned I reverted back to 2.50.0 today and it was again working fine. So I decided to try 2.50.2 per your advice. I downloaded 2.50.2 x 64 and it also works fine. I also tried the suggested "2021-07   .NET 5.0.8  x64 Client   KB5004698" which is what I'm now using and didn't fix 2.50.3 but works fine with 2.50.0 and 2.50.2. My problem is only with 2.50.3.
I just wanted to provide some more information on my specific situation.

73,
Darrell W9WO

W9WO

Hi Laurie.

 Thanks for your quick and dedicated attention to my/our problem with 2.50.3. I just installed 2.50.4 and all of my previous issues appear to be resolved. Callsign window is now working as it should for certain.

73,
Darrell W9WO