Topics

Callsign box slots

David Chavez

Edited

On the JTAlert - I am having a problem with the callsign box slots to populate the WSJT-X program for transmit.  When I try to click on the box with the callsign, it does not do anything.   Has anyone had this problem and what the fix is.
Thanks Dave N5CU

Dave Garber

I think they have to be calling cq, to click within jta.   does it work if you can double-click in wsjtx
Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Thu, Oct 1, 2020 at 7:29 PM David Chavez <dchavez5@...> wrote:
[Edited Message Follows]

On the JTAlert  - I am having a problem with the callsign box slots to populate the WSJT-X
program for transmit.  When I try to click on the box with the
callsign, it does not do anything.   Has anyone had this problem and what the fix
is.
Thanks Dave N5CU

David Chavez

Hi Dave,  It has been about a month when I last used wsjtx and jta, and all work well before and clicking on the jta callsign box.  wsjtx - it does work when I double click.
Dave N5CU

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 2/10/2020 8:48 am, David Chavez wrote:
On the JTAlert  - I am having a problem with the callsign box slots to populate the WSJT-X program for transmit.  When I try to click on the box with the callsign, it does not do anything.   Has anyone had this problem and what the fix is.
Thanks Dave N5CU

Check your WSJTX UDP Server settings. The "Accept UDP Requests" option needs to be enabled.

See the JTAlert help, "WSJT-X / JTDX UDP Setup" topic.

de Laurie VK3AMA

David Chavez

Hi Laurie, that did the trick.  All is working well with JTAlert and WSJT.  Thanks so much for your help.
Dave N5CU

TomK

Don’t know if this has been addressed but I am having issues with an installation of JT Alert.

Setting up brother’s digital workflow.

He was running WSJT 2.2.2 with JTA 2.16.13.

Here’s what happened:

  1. JTA crashes out with the following error message:

  1. Another issue in the same setup was that QRZ loggings were not occurring.
    Despite QRZ being [Enabled] and the API key being checked & verified by QRZ support
    there is seemingly no attempt by JTA to log to QRZ.

  2. Re #2, I inspected the  logging error folder and there was not a single QRZ entry.
    it seems as if JTA is confused and thinks QRZ is not enabled.

OK, so I next thought the above issues might be due to JTA’s configuring files being corrupted.

So we did a Windows Uninstall. Downloaded/Installed next/latest version 2.16.14 version

But, alas, nothing changed.

I then noticed that some data was still present since, after the uninstall/re-install

Somethings like the ADI/B4 data stores were still present.

So my question is:

Is there a way to reset basic JTA program configuration data w/o Deleting user data like ADI/B4 DBs?

The goal being to force JTA to re-evaluate the QRZ setting and force their activation.

If not, as a last resort, should we have do a Windows Uninstall AND delete all program folders?

If so, what are those folders?

I see the 2 basic trees of Program File for exes and HamApps prog data tree.

Are there any other not-so-obvious folder trees to delete for a complete naked re-install?

Thanks for all your efforts

TomK 73