locked "Callers" Display v2.50.0

Ron W3RJW

Edited

In order to save screen space my "Callsigns" decoded window is arranged to be 2 columns wide, with rows from top to the bottom of the screen.  The "callers" display is a neat feature, but when you select the display position to be "bottom" (for instance) I only see at most two of the callers.  If there are more then two (often), they propagate off Callsigns display to the right.  I guess I expected that they would fill up from the bottom. two columns wide or whatever the width of the window was set to.

I don't know if that's possible or even practicable.

Thanks for some great new features.

Ron, W3RJW

FTdx-5000, Timewave Navigator, WSJT-x 2.4.0 rc4, JTAlert 2.50.0, HRD Deluxe v6.7.0.323
FTdx-3000, SignaLink USB

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 17/04/2021 4:38 am, Ron W3RJW via groups.io wrote:
In order to save screen space my "Callsigns" decoded window is arranged to be 2 columns wide, with rows from top to the bottom of the screen.  The "callers" display is a neat feature, but when you select the display position to be "bottom" (for instance) I only see at most two of the callers.  If there are more then two (often), they propagate off Callsigns display to the right.  I guess I expected that they would fill up from the bottom. two columns wide or whatever the width of the window was set to.

I don't know if that's possible or even practicable.

Thanks for some great new features.

Ron, W3RJW

Ron,

I can confirm the behavior.
I wont classify as a defect, just an inappropriate design choice on my part. This is one of the problems when testing with dummy data and not getting on-air for live testing, but that's what the Test Team is for ;).

When the Callers view is set to Bottom or Top of the main view, to accommodate overflow the Callsigns are scrolled horizontally, not vertically like the main view. This should have been set to vertical scrolling.

It will be an easy fix, taking a lot less time than producing this message, hi.

I'll send you a new build to test, likely in a couple of hours.

On 17/04/2021 5:42 am, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) via groups.io wrote:
It will be an easy fix, taking a lot less time than producing this message, hi.

I'll send you a new build to test, likely in a couple of hours.

Ron,

I spoke too soon. It wont be an easy fix, I now realize why I went with that design of the Callers view scrolling horizontally when it is at the Top of the Bottom of the main display. Its complicated.

Needless to say, there wont be a fix in the short term.

I have some thoughts on how to resolve, but it will take some time (hours or days depending on my work-load).

Sorry for prematurely getting your hopes up.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Ron W3RJW

Understand.  Thanks Laurie