locked Caller Alerts - Where can I find an explanation of the "timer" displayed below the caller alter box?

Dave Sellars

When I am working a station and another station calls me, a call alert box pops up with the caller information and a "timer" is initiated below the box. I would like to know how to utilize that caller alert. I've tried to find information on that alert in the "Help" file/s but no luck. I can't figure out how to use that notification. Any guidance would be appreciated. Dave - KB4JB

Jim Cooper

On 20 Sep 2022 at 14:16, Dave Sellars wrote:

When I am working a station and another station calls me, a call
alert box pops up with the caller information and a "timer" is
initiated below the box.
Is this in a box in the main Callers window?

Do you have a sub-window for Callers: Alerts?

if so, see below --

I would like to know how to utilize
that caller alert. I've tried to find
information on that alert in the
"Help" file/s but no luck. I can't
figure out how to use that
notification. Any guidance would be
appreciated. Dave - KB4JB
if you have a sub-window for Callers: Alerts,
then any station alerted with "Calling You" will
be placed in that window, with a time-out
countdown which you set in the parameters of
that alert window ... as you complete a current
QSO, you can click (double click/) on the call
in the Caller Alert box to start the next QSO...

fwiw, I use a time out of 5 minutes.

w2jc

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 21/09/2022 7:16 am, Dave Sellars wrote:
When I am working a station and another station calls me, a call alert box pops up with the caller information and a "timer" is initiated below the box. I would like to know how to utilize that caller alert. I've tried to find information on that alert in the "Help" file/s but no luck. I can't figure out how to use that notification. Any guidance would be appreciated. Dave - KB4JB

In the Help File under the "Callsigns Window" topic.

de Laurie VK3AMA