B4 information Lost

Jeff Young

I am running N3FJP RTTY Roundup V3.9, WSJT-X Ver 2.3.1, JTAlert Ver 2.50.9 and found that when I switched bands during the contest, I lost the B4 information in JTALart call signs screen. It seems that the only B4 contacts indicated were the one's that I worked during that current session on the band. Previous contacts on the same band before were lost. All logging to the N3FJP RU software and rig controls worked fine but I can't figure out what I set up incorrectly for the RU. When I run ACLog normally, I have not noticed the loss of B4 data. Need to find out why this happened during RU because it caused me to run a lot of dupes. Thanks.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 10/01/2022 7:57 am, Jeff Young wrote:
I am running N3FJP RTTY Roundup V3.9, WSJT-X Ver 2.3.1, JTAlert Ver 2.50.9 and found that when I switched bands during the contest, I lost the B4 information in JTALart call signs screen. It seems that the only B4 contacts indicated were the one's that I worked during that current session on the band. Previous contacts on the same band before were lost. All logging to the N3FJP RU software and rig controls worked fine but I can't figure out what I set up incorrectly for the RU. When I run ACLog normally, I have not noticed the loss of B4 data. Need to find out why this happened during RU because it caused me to run a lot of dupes. Thanks.

JTAlert B4 checks are done against your log and by default are band dependent. Changing band to a previously unworked band will not show the B4 for callsigns previously worked on another band.

Are you using JTAlert to log the QSOs?\

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jeff Young

I get a message from WSJT-X to log a contact after RR73. I guess that means l am logging from WSJT-X
 My comment about bands is if I go from 20m  to 40m  and go back to 20m, B4 info from earlier 20m contacts are gone.
Jeff

-------- Original message --------
Date: 1/9/22 5:06 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] B4 information Lost

JTAlert B4 checks are done against your log and by default are band dependent. Changing band to a previously unworked band will not show the B4 for callsigns previously worked on another band.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jeff Young

Laurie

Here are the in my N3FJP RU, WSJT-x & JTAlert settings:

I am at a loss as to why the B43 doesn’t work.

Jeff

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jeff Young
Sent: Sunday, January 9, 2022 17:29

I get a message from WSJT-X to log a contact after RR73. I guess that means l am logging from WSJT-X

My comment about bands is if I go from 20m  to 40m  and go back to 20m, B4 info from earlier 20m contacts are gone.

Jeff

de Laurie VK3AMA

Michael Black

Why are you not using the Automatic configuration?  That ensures you use the same database.  What I don't know (and Laurie can clarify) is if you change logs in ACLog will JTAlert automatically follow?

Also...check JTAlert's Help/WSJT-X UDP Setup and use 224.0.0.1 for the UDP Server.  You can then turn on "Listen for WSJT-X" too.

Mike W9MDB

On Sunday, January 9, 2022, 06:47:03 PM CST, Jeff Young <kb3hf@...> wrote:

Laurie

Jeff

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jeff Young

Jeff

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jeff Young

Mike:

I am using an N3FJP RU contest log not ACLog. The instructions are clear that I have to use the manual settings because the database is different for the contest and not the ACLog database that I use normally. When not contesting, the auto setup works fine. This is specific to RTTY Roundup.

Jeff KB3HF

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of Michael Black via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, January 9, 2022 10:28 PM

Why are you not using the Automatic configuration?  That ensures you use the same database.  What I don't know (and Laurie can clarify) is if you change logs in ACLog will JTAlert automatically follow?

Also...check JTAlert's Help/WSJT-X UDP Setup and use 224.0.0.1 for the UDP Server.  You can then turn on "Listen for WSJT-X" too.

Mike W9MDB

Laurie

Jeff

Jeff

de Laurie VK3AMA

WarrenG KC0GU

Jeff,

Do you use JTAlert with that setup you described?  I have never used JTAlert while contesting. I import the contest log into my main logging program after the contest is finished. 

Warren
KC0GU

On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 5:40 AM Jeff Young <kb3hf@...> wrote:

Mike:

I am using an N3FJP RU contest log not ACLog. The instructions are clear that I have to use the manual settings because the database is different for the contest and not the ACLog database that I use normally. When not contesting, the auto setup works fine. This is specific to RTTY Roundup.

Jeff KB3HF

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of Michael Black via groups.io

Mike W9MDB

Laurie

Jeff

Jeff

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jeff Young

Warren,

Yes, I use JTAlert in the config below
 The reason for my inquiry is the B4 function didn't work if I went back to a band I worked previously  during the contest.
Jeff KB3HF 

Date: 1/10/22 7:55 AM (GMT-06:00)
To: Support@hamapps.groups.io

Jeff,

Do you use JTAlert with that setup you described?  I have never used JTAlert while contesting. I import the contest log into my main logging program after the contest is finished. 

Warren
KC0GU

On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 5:40 AM Jeff Young <kb3hf@...> wrote:

Mike:

Jeff KB3HF

Mike W9MDB

Laurie

Jeff

Jeff

de Laurie VK3AMA