Topics

locked Avast prevents installation claiming it contains a virus

Ray Coles

I had to reinstall due to a new Windows set-up. Avast refuses to allow due to infection with URL Blacklist.
I had a similar problem when I first installed it some years ago and fixed it that time by switching my Anti Virus to Avast.
It didn't help this time!
No doubt there is a fix, but what?

chas cartmel

A false positive as has been and will be reported by many AV programs as there is a small user base and assumes that it is malware of some variety.
Make the program or install folder an exclusion and proceed from there.

Charlie

G4EST

www.g4est.me.uk

I had to reinstall due to a new Windows set-up. Avast refuses to allow due to infection with URL Blacklist.
I had a similar problem when I first installed it some years ago and fixed it that time by switching my Anti Virus to Avast.
It didn't help this time!
No doubt there is a fix, but what?

For more info visit www.bullguard.com

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 7/11/2019 2:08 am, Ray Coles wrote:
No doubt there is a fix, but what?
Try downloading again.

The files are now being delivered via a new url (not via dnl.hamapps.com). I suggest you do this quickly before Avast decides to blacklist the new url due to there false-flagging of JTAlert.

de Laurie VK3AMA

jim crisco

i have been running jtalert latest level for good while..all ok...until...
AVG updated a couple days ago..then it gave a virus warning as all are getting..
it quarantined files and blocked running and downloading of jtalert..
i went into AVG settings and set the action to take to "ASK"
what  to do and not to automatically quarantine the files.
this also "ASK" what to do for "SUSPECT' files that are
que'd to be downloaded..
i also excluded all ham folders..wsjts..jtalert...
all ok now...

laurie..thanks for great software..

73
jim