Topics

AutoIT Error

ke4s@...

Laurie,
Consistently, shortly after starting JTAlert and WSJT-X, I get the AutoIT Error message shown here:

When I ack the error message, JTAert terminates.  If I take no action, JTAlert terminates.  The line number shown in the message is consistent - it does not change.  This error started appearing followiing a rebuild of my system due to hard dixk crash, but I have not been able to identify or correct the problem.  It is identical for WSJT-X 2.2.2 and 2.3.0, also for JTAlert version 2.16.17 and its predecessor.
The JTAlert About panel gives me the following information:
JTAlert Instance      : #1
JTAlert Start Params  : /wsjtx
WSJT-X Window Title   : WSJT-X   v2.3.0   by K1JT, G4WJS, and K9AN
WSJT-X Command Line   :
WSJT-X   --rig-name   :
WSJT-X Config File    : C:\Users\dave_\AppData\Local\WSJT-X\WSJT-X.ini
WSJT-X Version               :
WSJT-X Revision              :
WSJT-X Spec Op Mode          : None
WSJT-X UDP ID                :
WSJT-X UDP Port              : 2237
WSJT-X UDP Server            : 127.0.0.1
WSJT-X UDP MCast on Loopback : True
WSJT-X UDP Max Schema        :

UDP Ports used
JTAlert.exe           : 55896 65319
JTAlertV2.Manager.exe : 63263 63264
JTAlertV2.Decodes.exe :

Audio output devices
[1] Speakers (2- USB Sound Device        )
[2] Speakers (2- High Definition Audio Device)

JTAlertV2.Manager (2.16.17.0) status
(2021-02-19 20:01:20 utc)
NET Framework    : .NET Framework 4.8.4300.0
CLR Version      : 4.0.30319.42000
UDP Router       : Initialized : YES (WSJT-X)
Audio            : Initialized : YES (2 output devices)
BandData         : Initialized : YES (started : 58)
Text Msgs        : Initialized : YES (started : 17)
HamSpots         : Initialized : YES
QRZ Xml          : Initialized : YES (KE4S)
HamQth Xml       : Initialized : YES
QRZ Log          : Initialized : YES
HamQth Log       : Initialized : YES
ClubLog Log      : Initialized : YES
Eqsl Log         : Initialized : YES
HrdLog Log       : Initialized : YES
DXLab DDE        : Initialized : YES
User Alert       : Initialized : YES
Updates Chk      : Initialized : YES
Maintenance      : Initialized : YES

Suggestions, please!

Dave KE4S

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 20/02/2021 7:05 am, ke4s via groups.io wrote:
Laurie,
Consistently, shortly after starting JTAlert and WSJT-X, I get the AutoIT Error message shown here:

Suggestions, please!

Dave KE4S
_._,_._,_

Dave,

Since JTAlert doesn't crash immediately after starting and that you can open the About window suggests that it is the incoming decodes from WSJT-X that is the trigger.

How many Callsign display lines do you have set in JTAlert?
Try turning off WSJT-X monitor, starting JTAlert then changing the number of Callsign lines to a different value, wait for JTAlert to redraw itself then set the number of lines back to the original. Do that still experience the error once you enable WSJT-X monitor after making the Callsign Lines changes?

Please start JTAlert with WSJT-X monitor turned off (to prevent receiving decodes) then use the "Help" -> "Contact Support" menu, on the main JTAlert window, to send me your JTAlert files for analysis.

de Laurie VK3AMA