locked audio alerts for "POTA" AND/OR "PARKS" do not work - New JTAlert Build to Test

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

A new JTAlert beta build is available for testing. This build has a new "Directed CQ" Alert.
If your interested in testing the installers can be found here...
64bit (x64)  https://dnl.HamApps.com/Beta/JTAlert.2.50.2.build.0002.Beta.Install.X64.exe
32bit (x86)  https://dnl.HamApps.com/Beta/JTAlert.2.50.2.build.0002.Beta.Install.X86.exe
Note: All JTAlert Betas have an inbuilt expiry date. They cease to function 56 days after their creation date. You can check when it will expire via the Help -> About" menu of the main JTAlert window.

To use the new "Directed CQ" Alert, you need to enter one or more direction words into the word list under the "Alerts -> Directed CQ" section of the main Settings window, like SOTA, POTA, COTA, TEST, VK, etc. Words are limited to 1 to 4 alpha characters only, per the FT8/4 protocol.

The Decodes window will also highlight the word under the CQ column if the decode generated a Directed CQ Alert.

I don't normally make Beta builds publicly available, please let me know if this works for you

de Laurie VK3AMA

Wyndell - K5WJF

Thank you sir I've got it loaded and testing

Wyndell – K5WJF

Resistance is NOT futile, it's Voltage divided by Current

[...]

Avast logo

Don Melcher

I was just digging for this function. I’ll give it a try.
--
Don
W6CZ

Buddy Spiegel

many thanks to laurie

the Directed CQ alert works perfectly at my location.  now, if only the 13 colony peeps would go away, some pota peeps would come out to play.  lol.

Wyndell - K5WJF

Only issue I've seen is Directed CQ isn’t available under Settings menu.  It is accessible under mF2 menu.  Works great thank you!

[...]

Jim Cooper

On 4 Jul 2021 at 21:58, Wyndell - K5WJF wrote:

Only issue I've seen is Directed CQ
isn't available under Settings menu.
It is accessible under mF2 menu.
Works great thank you!
the first menu under Settings only turns
various alerts ON and OFF ... what good
would it do to turn on directed CQ without
setting the calls you want alerted ? Just
go the one step more to the second level
Settings; or as you say, how hard is it to
press F2?

Wyndell - K5WJF

But you can go to wanted call signs and enter call signs

Wyndell - K5WJF
Resistance is NOT futile, it's Voltage divided by Current

On 4 Jul 2021 at 21:58, Wyndell - K5WJF wrote:

Only issue I've seen is Directed CQ
isn't available under Settings menu.
It is accessible under mF2 menu.
Works great thank you!
the first menu under Settings only turns various alerts ON and OFF ... what
good would it do to turn on directed CQ without
setting the calls you want alerted ? Just
go the one step more to the second level Settings; or as you say, how hard
is it to press F2?

Marlo Montanaro - KA2IRQ

On Sun, Jul 4, 2021 at 08:17 PM, Wyndell - K5WJF wrote:
But you can go to wanted call signs and enter call signs

Wyndell - K5WJF

Wyndell - What callsign do you enter when the person hasn't been posted on the POTA web site and you have no idea he is out activating a park?  There's more to this than you realize.

73,
Marlo
KA2IRQ

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 5/07/2021 12:58 pm, Wyndell - K5WJF wrote:
Only issue I've seen is Directed CQ isn’t available under Settings menu

Not all Alert types have an entry under the main window "Settings" menu. Those entries simply provide faster access to the appropriate section of the Settings window. They save a couple of mouse clicks after the Settings window is opened. They are "quality of life" features, not having a dedicated entry for the "Directed CQ" Alert which once setup is unlikely to see much user-traffic, I feel is appropriate.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Wyndell - K5WJF

We were talking about the directed CQ and not being selectable from the settings menu and I was using the Wanted call as an example of how it is selectable.  Sorry to confuse you.