Topics

Attention: Log4OM2 MySQL Log JTAlert users

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

Currently there is a defect within JTAlert that flags all decoded Callsigns as B4s affecting Log4OM2 MySQL Log users only.
This has been corrected and is in the next release of JTAlert 2.16.2.

Unfortunately, the JTAlert 2.16.2 release has been delayed a couple of times and is to be delayed again with no clear ETA on when it will go public.

If your an Log4OM2 MySQL user affected by this defect, please reply to this message or email me direct and I will make a pre-release build available that includes this defect fix.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
de Laurie VK3AMA

Rick Lautenbach

Laurie,

I'm affected by this, however:
* I'm using Log4OM 1.28.0.0.  I installed Log4OM2, but paused converting over.  I never got far enough to connect JTAlert with Log4OM2.
* At some point after that (not immediately), I started seeing all decoded call signs as B4s.
* I was on JTAlert 2.14 at that point and upgraded to 2.16.1 - same behavior
* If it matters, I run two instances of JTAlert with 2 (sometimes more) instances of WSJT-X

I also have no "Settings" menu visible on JTAlert (have to use F11 to get into the menu).

Rick
K7FYI

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 24/03/2020 11:04 pm, ricklaut@... wrote:
I also have no "Settings" menu visible on JTAlert (have to use F11 to get into the menu).

Rick
K7FYI

Known problem with a know fix. Discussed here many times over many months. There is also a prominent notice at the top of the JTAlert download page on HamApps.com

You simply need to start JTAlert using one of the "Alt Layout (AL)" shortcuts.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Rick Lautenbach

Perfect - thanks, Laurie!  

S far, this version seems to be working great (no errant B4 message).

Rick

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 3:08 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 24/03/2020 11:04 pm, ricklaut@... wrote:

Rick
K7FYI

Known problem with a know fix. Discussed here many times over many months. There is also a prominent notice at the top of the JTAlert download page on HamApps.com

You simply need to start JTAlert using one of the "Alt Layout (AL)" shortcuts.

de Laurie VK3AMA