Topics

locked Are you using WSJT-X / JTAlert / ACLog / QRZ XML database.

Paul-N5DUP

If so, and you have ACLog auto populating Name, County, and Comments fields with data from QRZ XML data, I would really appreciate a comparison of settings in the 3 apps.

Thanks,
Paul
N5DUP

Bill Franzen

Hi Paul -

I've got it set up.  Are you concerned about how the comment field behaves in ACLog as the QSO progresses?

I have QRZ hooked up to ACLog, and the comment field gets filled with Name, Address, etc.  In WSJT when I click on the Confirm QSO, the comments section gets overlaid.

See the three pictures below.

I'm trying to figure out how to keep the QRZ comment and leave the WSJT comment behind.

Bill
N0NYH

WB8ASI Herb

Do you have the "db reports to comments" checked?   Try turning it off, and there will be nothing to overwrite your comments.  73, Herb WB8ASI
On February 13, 2020 at 12:41 PM Bill Franzen <wgfranzen@...> wrote:

Hi Paul -

I've got it set up.  Are you concerned about how the comment field behaves in ACLog as the QSO progresses?

I have QRZ hooked up to ACLog, and the comment field gets filled with Name, Address, etc.  In WSJT when I click on the Confirm QSO, the comments section gets overlaid.

See the three pictures below.

I'm trying to figure out how to keep the QRZ comment and leave the WSJT comment behind.

Bill
N0NYH

Paul-N5DUP

Bill,

Thanks for your reply. Do you think you would have time for a telephone call with me this afternoon, say 4pm Central? If that’s not convenient, maybe you could let me know when would be. My email addy is paul@....

Thanks,
Paul
N5DUP

On Feb 13, 2020, at 11:53 AM, Bill Franzen <wgfranzen@...> wrote:

Hi Paul -

I've got it set up.  Are you concerned about how the comment field behaves in ACLog as the QSO progresses?

I have QRZ hooked up to ACLog, and the comment field gets filled with Name, Address, etc.  In WSJT when I click on the Confirm QSO, the comments section gets overlaid.

See the three pictures below.

I'm trying to figure out how to keep the QRZ comment and leave the WSJT comment behind.

Bill
N0NYH

<ACL-While-responding.png>
<WSJT-QSO-Confirm.png>
<ContactSaved.png>

Paul-N5DUP

Herb,

I no not have that checked. As you know, ACLog will not populate the Comments field if there is anything in it. Thanks for the reply!

Paul

On Feb 13, 2020, at 12:04 PM, WB8ASI Herb <WB8ASI@...> wrote:

Do you have the "db reports to comments" checked?   Try turning it off, and there will be nothing to overwrite your comments.  73, Herb WB8ASI
<image.png>
On February 13, 2020 at 12:41 PM Bill Franzen <wgfranzen@...> wrote:

Hi Paul -

I've got it set up.  Are you concerned about how the comment field behaves in ACLog as the QSO progresses?

I have QRZ hooked up to ACLog, and the comment field gets filled with Name, Address, etc.  In WSJT when I click on the Confirm QSO, the comments section gets overlaid.

See the three pictures below.

I'm trying to figure out how to keep the QRZ comment and leave the WSJT comment behind.

Bill
N0NYH

Bill Franzen

Thanks Herb - solved my problem.  Not sure if it was the same problem as  Paul's however.

I'll let him speak for himself.

Thanks!
73 de N0NYH
Bill