locked Another Callsign Window Issue

Tom Job

Good morning, all...

I have noticed that the callsign window does not always clear the old callsigns.  I have experienced the window populating 6 or 7 decode cycles before clearing. It's not a constant issue but rather an intermittent one. This is the first version of JTAlert that I have seen this.  Of course, I can clear it with the escape key but that shouldn't have to be done.  Could it be a Windows "thing"?  I am using Windows 8.1.

Has anyone else experienced this? 

Thanks....Tom VE3II

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 17/04/2021 12:26 am, Tom Job wrote:
I have noticed that the callsign window does not always clear the old callsigns.  I have experienced the window populating 6 or 7 decode cycles before clearing. It's not a constant issue but rather an intermittent one. This is the first version of JTAlert that I have seen this.  Of course, I can clear it with the escape key but that shouldn't have to be done.  Could it be a Windows "thing"?  I am using Windows 8.1.

Thanks....Tom VE3II

I have not seen any other reports of this behavior. It might be win8.1 related, but I am inclined to think a PC capability issue perhaps since you're running Win8.

What are your hardware specs, CPU core count, installed Ram?

What CPU usage numbers (percentage) are you getting at the end of a decode period when WSJT-X is at its busiest?

Is WSJT-X still displaying decodes from the previous period when the new period starts?

When this occurs, is it on very busy bands, like 20m & 40m where there are dozens of decodes per period?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Tom Job

Hi Laurie…

Yes, something that didn’t occur to me was the CPU load.  I am using an old Acer Aspire E1-522, 6GB of RAM but only a 1.4GB CPU, dual core.  I watched the task manager for a while and the decode period is just about maxing the CPU!  So, it can’t keep-up on 20m, at least, with 40 or 50 decodes per cycle.

I have an Apple MacBook Pro (i7 CPU and 8GB RAM) that was given to me and it already has Parallels installed on it.  Parallels creates a VM on Apple so you can run Linux/Windows etc.…  It’s a lot newer that the Acer, more RAM and has a better CPU.  I’ll setup a VM and run Windows that way.   I know its sacrilege to run Windows on an Apple but I’m already going to hell, so why not?! J

73 Laurie and thanks….Tom VE3II 

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] On Behalf Of HamApps Support (Vthe first 5 secondsK3AMA)
Sent: April 16, 2021 14:36
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Another Callsign Window Issue

On 17/04/2021 12:26 am, Tom Job wrote:

Thanks....Tom VE3II

I have not seen any other reports of this behavior. It might be win8.1 related, but I am inclined to think a PC capability issue perhaps since you're running Win8.

What are your hardware specs, CPU core count, installed Ram?

What CPU usage numbers (percentage) are you getting at the end of a decode period when WSJT-X is at its busiest?

Is WSJT-X still displaying decodes from the previous period when the new period starts?

When this occurs, is it on very busy bands, like 20m & 40m where there are dozens of decodes per period?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com