toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
The latest JTAlert version 2.50.2 is now available @ https://hamapps.com/JTAlert/
This release overcomes the NET 5.0.7 defect that breaks audio
playback and causes the Callsigns window to open/close repeatedly.
The Callsigns window has undergone a major change introducing a
Please review the release notes at the end of this message.
de Laurie VK3AMA
*** Includes Callsign database file version 2021-06-22
- Callsigns Window: New multi-panel display consisting of a
display panel and up to 6 optional sub-panels. Each
display panel can be set
to display a different decode view. Some decode views
offer additional options
like sorting by km for the distance view and sorting by
dB value for the
SNR decodes view. There are 25 different decode views
"All Decodes", "Callers", "Decodes DX", "Decodes
Local", "CQ", "CQ Directed",
"SNR weak decodes", "SNR strong decodes", "Distant
decodes", "QSL Lotw decodes",
"QSL Eqsl decodes", "RR73/73 decodes", "Alerts None",
"Alerts Only", "Alert DXCC",
"Alert US State", "Alert VE Province", "Alert
Continent", "Alert CQ Zone",
"Alert ITU Zone", "Alert Grid", "Alert FFMA Grid",
"Alert Prefix", "Alert Marathon",
"Alert Wanted Call".
Please refer to the 2.50 features help file,
Callsigns Window topic.
- Decodes Window: Callsigns generating DXCC, US State or VE
now highlight the Country, State and Province name
- Off-screen windows: Menu entry under the "View" menu to
bring ALL 2.50.x
introduced windows (Callsigns, Messaging, Activity and
view on the primary Windows display.
- WSJT-X UDP: Dedicated "Help" menu entry to the WSJT-X UDP
The help topic provides simplified 4 step multicast
- Qsl flags: The flags used to indicate Lotw and Eqsl
membership have been replaced
with user-selectable symbols. See the "Callsigns" section
of the Callsigns window
options popup. All Qsl symbols and the Online symbol are
grouped together and are
automatically positioned depending on the Badge position
and if the Country area
is visible. Note: The Decodes window still uses the old
- Online symbol: The symbol used to display if a Callsign
has JTAlert messaging enabled
is now user-selectable. Previously it was hard-coded to
be a star symbol.
- Alert audio: Broken or no Alert audio and Callsigns window
Caused by a defect in the NET 5.0.7 Desktop Runtime
causing a fatal error in the
audio library used by JTAlert.
- HRD Logging: Random QSOs logged with a Submode when not an
MFSK Mode. (2.50.0 defect)
- QSO History: Random showing FT4 results when in FT8 mode.
- Marathon Alert: Triggered countries and zones not being
shown in the callsign
info tooltip of the Callsigns window. (2.50.0 defect)
- Messaging: Only available on the first instance (#1) of
JTAlert and its
child windows. (2.50.0 design limitation).
- Windows user accounts: JTAlert would not run correctly
when used from multiple
user accounts. It would typically work correctly for the
user account under
which JTAlert was first started.