toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
The latest JTAlert version 2.50.1 is now available @ https://hamapps.com/JTAlert/
Many fixes, changes and new functionality.
JTAlert is now distributed as separate 64bit and 32bit packages.
Install the package that corresponds to your Windows architecture
type, x64 (64bit) or x86 (32bit).
Please review the release notes at the end of this message.
de Laurie VK3AMA
*** Includes Callsign database file version 2021-05-01
- JTAlert: Is now distributed as individual x86 (32bit)
& x64 (64bit) builds.
Windows 32bit requires the x86 build, while Windows 64bit
can run either
the x86 or x64 build. The x64 build is recommended for
Note: The .NET desktop runtime architecture must match
type of the JTAlert installer, x86 or x64.
- Messaging window: Ability to delete all messages.
Available via the right-click
menu of any visible message or the right-click menu of
the Options (gear) icon.
- Callsigns, Messaging, Activity and Band Heat windows:
Window background color
and other areas depending on the window are now user
settable. Note: this is
not full featured window theming (set for a future
release) just the most
prominent areas can be altered. The Config popup,
tooltips and context menus
are not changeable they will still obey the color theme
you are using for Windows.
See under the Colors section of the Options popup (click
the gear icon).
- Callsigns window: The callsign right-click context menu
can be customized.
It can be turned off completely or individual entries can
- Activity window: Data column text alignment is adjustable,
either Left, Right,
Center or Mixed, where Mixed is Right aligned for the Tx
counts and Left
for the Rx counts. See the Bands view of the Options
popup (click gear icon).
- Callsigns window: The divider-bar between the main
callsigns view and the
callers view is now moveable, drag while holding the left
down. The callers view can now display multiple rows or
on the display position and the area available after
dragging the divider.
The callers view width/height after moving the divider is
restored at startup. The callers view no longer
auto-opens when callers
first appear and no longer auto-closes when there are no
- Callsigns window: Online indicator (star icon) now has a
Previously it used the QSL flag size selector. See the
of the Callsigns window.
- Messaging window: WSJT-X DX Call changes now no longer
auto populate the
Callsign field if a message is already being composed.
That is if the
message field contains text, the DX Call change is
- Statsbar hiding: The option to hide the statusbar for
windows has been
removed. The statusbar is now always shown. This change
new Activity, Callsigns & Messaging windows
introduced with 2.50.0.
- WSJT-X highlighting: B4 and ignored Callsign highlighting
in the WSJT-X window
can now be turned off via a checkbox in the Settings
-> WSJT-X / JTDX" section. Note this does not apply to
JTDX, it doesn't
support decode coloring.
- FT4 logging: The option to log FT4 QSOs as Mode=FT4 rather
than the adif
compliant specification has been removed. This affects
all Logs except
ACLog, HRD5, and HRD6 (up to 6.2).
- FT4, Q65 & FST4 logging: FT4, Q65, & FST4 mode
QSOs are now logged using the
official adif specifications (3.1.2) of Mode=MFSK &
Submode=Q65, FST4 & FT4
- Windows 32bit (x86): Installer would incorrectly report
the .NET 5 Desktop
Runtime was not installed. JTAlert would execute with
several fatal errors.
- ADIF log: Very slow import at startup. (2.50.0 defect)
- Q65 decodes: Not displayed in the Callsigns window.
- All loggers: Solar data (SFI,A,K) not logged. (2.50.0
- WSJT-X: Control key pressed state, for changing WSJT-X TX
frequency, not used
when Callsign is clicked in the Callsigns window. (2.50.0
- Messaging window: Incorrect scaling (zooming) applied to
messages and the
Options popup. (2.50.0 defect)
- Callsigns window #2 and higher: For all instances except
#1, not following
the JTAlert window state (minimize, restore or bring
forward) despite the
"Follow JTAlert window" setting being enabled. (2.50.0
- Callsigns window: DT median value in statusbar not shown
or doesn't change
over time. (2.50.0 defect)
- DXLab integration: The DXKeeper, Pathfinder and DXView
from the right-click context menu of the callsign
displays in the Callsigns
window. (2.50.0 defect)
- Config backups: Config backup files, older than 7 days,
not being deleted
by the automated file maintenance routine.
- Marathon Alert: Triggered countries and zones not being
shown in the callsign
info tooltip of the Callsigns window. (2.50.0 defect)
- Messaging: Only available on the first instance (#1) of
JTAlert and its child windows.