Topics

locked Amount of Time to take HamApps to Load

KD7YZ Bob

I've been noticing that HamApps seems to take between 15 and 25 seconds
to load, here.

I can have a few other Radio apps running; or I can have just wsjtx as
well as one iteration of JTAlert running ... either way, that
welcome-pane of JtAlert v 2.16.13, on Win10Pro, just hangs around a
longggg time B4 I see the JTAlert docking to underneath WSJTx.

Doesn't seem like this used to be the case ....

Anybody else ??

Bob KD7YZ
AMSAT LM #901

James Hertel

I believe it maybe Windoze noticing that it also does the same thing 0n other programs... it takes foreverrrrr to populate.. My pi 2 is faster now days than my windoze 10...

Just saying !

N6kmr, Jim

On 9/5/2020 4:52 AM, KD7YZ Bob wrote:
I've been noticing that HamApps seems to take between 15 and 25 seconds
to load, here.

I can have a few other Radio apps running; or I can have just wsjtx as
well as one iteration of JTAlert running ... either way, that
welcome-pane of JtAlert v 2.16.13, on Win10Pro, just hangs around a
longggg time B4 I see the JTAlert docking to underneath WSJTx.

Doesn't seem like this used to be the case ....

Anybody else ??

Michael Black

Try excluding the HamApps directories from any virus scanning.

Mike W9MDB

On Saturday, September 5, 2020, 09:52:12 AM CDT, James Hertel <n6kmr@...> wrote:

I believe it maybe Windoze noticing that it also does the same thing 0n
other programs... it takes foreverrrrr to populate.. My pi 2 is faster
now days than my windoze 10...

Just saying !

N6kmr, Jim

On 9/5/2020 4:52 AM, KD7YZ Bob wrote:
> I've been noticing that HamApps seems to take between 15 and 25 seconds
> to load, here.
>
> I can have a few other Radio apps running; or I can have just wsjtx as
> well as one iteration of JTAlert running ... either way, that
> welcome-pane of JtAlert v 2.16.13, on Win10Pro, just hangs around a
> longggg time B4 I see the JTAlert docking to underneath WSJTx.
>
> Doesn't seem like this used to be the case ....
>
> Anybody else ??

KD7YZ Bob

On 9/5/2020 09:31, James Hertel wrote:
My pi 2 is faster now days than my windoze 10...

Just saying !

N6kmr, Jim
I really really have been seriously about to by a Pi setup every time I
get another piece of info like yours. tnx

Bob KD7YZ
AMSAT LM #901

KD7YZ Bob

On 9/5/2020 10:58, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
Try excluding the HamApps directories from any virus scanning.

hmmm, I "thot" I'd excluded .. but now that you mention it Mike, maybe
that was DxLabs, or maybe the ski-vacations in McMurdco folder

I'll ensure that HamApps folder is bypassed

tnx

Bob KD7YZ
AMSAT LM #901